*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Associate
It's being delivered today in White 16GB. Was going to get grey, but Three out of stock until at least 20th apparently.. though having seen white, I'm impressed. It's stunning anyway (and matches my computer tower and various other devices I own.

Permabanned
The WiFi on my Note 2 is the best I have seen. It connects in my garage where no other device has ever connected!

Last edited:
Soldato
My brother is getting very impatient now, he is still waiting for my S3 and I am still waiting for some news on the 32GB/64GB Note II. I suppose if the S3 is anything to go by we won't see the 32GB/64GB versions for at least a month or so?

I may just bite the bullet and order today. The best deal atm seems to be on 3, unlimited everything for £36 a month, £69 handset, £101 cashback. If anyone has managed to find anything better, let me know. I am mainly after the unlimited data, only need around 100 minutes.

Soldato
My brother is getting very impatient now, he is still waiting for my S3 and I am still waiting for some news on the 32GB/64GB Note II. I suppose if the S3 is anything to go by we won't see the 32GB/64GB versions for at least a month or so?

I may just bite the bullet and order today. The best deal atm seems to be on 3, unlimited everything for £36 a month, £69 handset, £101 cashback. If anyone has managed to find anything better, let me know. I am mainly after the unlimited data, only need around 100 minutes.

There has been absolutely no news about 32Gb or 64Gb versions. I wouldn't hold my breath for them being available within the next month...

At the very least I'd expect to wait until after Samsung's global rollout is complete. It seems Samsung have tried to rush this product out of the door, rather than building up stock of all models (Apple style).

Soldato
My internet usage over the past few months:

- June: 879.40 MB
- July:1458.18 MB
- August: 828.38 MB

Based on the above I think this deal actually suits me better:

FREE Grey Note II (In Stock)
£27 Cashback
300 Mins
1.5GB Internet
Unlimited Texts

£31/month (24 months)

Permabanned
Noticed that last night streaming TV catchup in my bedroom super fast, if you pop the back off is that the wifi aerial on the back cover.

My cross trainer is in my garage which is about the furthest point away from my router you could get in the house. I have tried various phones and my laptop and they never even see a signal so I just gave up. Was on the cross trainer on the Note 2 and noticed it connected and I could use it!! Unbelievable to be honest.

Associate
My internet usage over the past few months:

- June: 879.40 MB
- July:1458.18 MB
- August: 828.38 MB

Based on the above I think this deal actually suits me better:

FREE Grey Note II (In Stock)
£27 Cashback
300 Mins
1.5GB Internet
Unlimited Texts

£31/month (24 months)

That deal is exactly what I'm after, where did you find that?

Soldato
mobiles.co.uk

It is showing as in stock, and I've ordered from them before and I had absolutely no issues. The cashback is through quidco. I think that's the one I will also be going for, and transferring my number over from giffgaff.

Soldato
If you guys do order and for some reason you do not want to go through quidco, let me know because if I refer you I get £25. We can split it :) Or even if you do go through quidco, once you have ordered just send them an email and say you were recommended by me (I will give you my account no) and they may still give it. Worth a shot? :p

Associate
Both mobilephonesdirect and buymobilephones have that offer.

As far as I know neither one has actual stock of the grey phone though.

Aye... Both showing out of stock. Grrrrrrr

Good to hear a decent report on mobiles.co.uk as I'd heard they were lacking in customer service. Tempted now, just need to cancel Vodafone contract!

Soldato
So - has anyone else gone for the LTE version from Orange or T-mobile?

I'm hoping that the spec is essentially the same as the 3G note 2 but the reports of a 25% drop in performance are a little worrying. Has anyone found any more info on the internals of the UK 4G LTE version? I had a quick google this morning but didn't come up with anything...

Soldato
I personally will definitely not be paying anything extra for 4G, hence why I felt no need to wait for that version. By the time 4G becomes more standard and is much cheaper, we will probably have the Note 3 if not 4.

I have some friends waiting for the LTE version yet they will be on giffgaff. Will they even be able to get 4G on giffgaff?

Soldato
I have some friends waiting for the LTE version yet they will be on giffgaff. Will they even be able to get 4G on giffgaff?

No, not until summer 2013 at the earliest (giffgaff use the O2 network unless I'm mistaken). Even then, it's unlikely the Note2 LTE would work with it, unless O2 get 1800mhz spectrum as well. So yeah - unless they're going to switch to EE then it's completely pointless.

The LTE version may not even be available SIM free anyway...

Back
Top Bottom