*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Soldato
Heh - well, at least he had the courtesy to call back and admit his mistake, rather than just sending you the phone and making you post it back.

Pretty poor form though, not knowing the basics of the products you're supposed to be selling!

Associate
Hi. Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the actual screen, as in the hight and width of the oled screen. If you know the note1s also would be good also. But for sure am looking on a 4g version. So bad it was 3G on release

Soldato
Hi. Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the actual screen, as in the hight and width of the oled screen. If you know the note1s also would be good also. But for sure am looking on a 4g version. So bad it was 3G on release

A 5.55" screen at 16:9 should work out at:

4.837" x 2.721"
(12.29 x 6.91cm)

The old Note, at 5.3" 16: 10 should work out at:

4.494" x 2.809"
(11.41 x 7.13cm)

Yay for trigonometry :p

Bear in mind that the bezels are smaller on the new note, both horizontally and (in particular) vertically, so the increase in phone size is not quite as large as the screen increase may suggest.

Last edited:
Associate
I got sorted yesterday. Got upgraded via Phones4U. Offered me a better deal than O2 themselves.
Free Phone (Grey)
£36pm for 24months
Unlimited Mins/Texts
1Gb Data

Hopefully have it Saturday but they say minimum 5 working days.

Associate
I was very impressed by EE speeds when I was at the press conference a few weeks ago.

I can't wait to try it out for myself in November.

I am surprised however that in london the 3 speed test was so slow. I get 16Mbits down and 3 up on 3 where I am.

However just like in that video once I move around it goes right down which is the key benefit of LTE - faster speeds all the time.

Permabanned
Anyone else having an issue with email? I have it set to push connected to our exchange server and every few days it stops pushing the emails out to me. I have to reboot the phone. Works fine on my other devices.

Soldato
It's an interesting "best case" snapshot, but the key will be the user contention. How close to the "maximum" speed we can get during peak hours will be interesting to see - also how consistent the signal is as you move around a city (or through your house etc).

After 12 months, nowhere near :D

Back
Top Bottom