*** The official HTC One X thread ***

Soldato
Congratulations jrodga2k5! Awesome phone to pick up!

I'm glad that the One XL has 32GB and the 720P screen and the brilliant S4 chipset!

So much for CNet UK being adamant that it had a qHD screen...suckers!

Can I ask where you ordered it from?

Caporegime
So is the One XL better than the One X? I wanna sell my HTC One X and change to a better One X/we

Yup!

Better battery life, much better CPU chipset.

Essentially the best of the S and the X combined and as a result the best phone there is currently IMO.

Last edited:
Soldato
Congrats jrodga2k5 - 32GB :cool:

Cnet - aka trollnet. Keep away from that site. :D

How the F could they say qHD when all fingers point to 720p I don't know!

HTC's profit show their dying strategy.

Soldato
wtf was the point of HTC trying to consolidate their lines of devices and not confuse customers if there's now 3 version of the One X. How stupid.

I think that's why HTC are in a bit of a mess and losing out to the likes of Samsung et al.

You have the HTC One X, XL and now the X+ a normal consumer who isnt tech savvy is going to get confused!

Associate
^ exactly and I'm slightly more than a normal consumer and still confused. The X+ is for LTE yet the One XL has beter specs? Guaranteed there won't be 3 GSIII's within 5 months of it's launch which is about now.
My next phone will be a Nexus phone and I won't be picking HTC's line.

Soldato
Thanks guys...glad to be a member of this club, soooo much better than my Galaxy Nexus!

Managed to get it on £18.45pm 100mins, Unlimited Texts, 750mb Internet plus £149.99 for the handset (£168.00 for the Nexus through CEX) on Orange!

Will be calling on the 30th to order my 4G sim!

Yeah those reports had me worried for a moment but I'm glad the specs Orange had up there were correct!

Will certainly check out the post Nexus to help get me started!

Associate
+1 all the way. I'd say its even better than the forthcoming One X+!

I'd say the same :D What HTC expect to achieve with the X+ :confused: Good chip the S4. Not sure why a phone needs quad core - I guess someone will enlighten me :rolleyes: Thought surely they'd not cripple the One XL with 16gb? 32gb is livable with. I'm about to leave the 'One' club having sold my One S and going to sell the One X. The X I quite liked except for its size which for day to day use find a little too big. Each to their own! Mobile reception was more than a little iffy for me too :mad:

Soldato
I'd say the same :D What HTC expect to achieve with the X+ :confused: Good chip the S4. Not sure why a phone needs quad core - I guess someone will enlighten me :rolleyes: Thought surely they'd not cripple the One XL with 16gb? 32gb is livable with. I'm about to leave the 'One' club having sold my One S and going to sell the One X. The X I quite liked except for its size which for day to day use find a little too big. Each to their own! Mobile reception was more than a little iffy for me too :mad:

So what phone are you going to go for next Richy888?

I thought the One S was a good all round phone save for the small memory storage.

The XL is the perfect marriage of the One S and X with the added bonus of having one of the best chipsets available out there at the moment.

I wonder how easy it is flashing a generic European ROM on an XL?

Caporegime
I don't think Richy will be touching another HTC phone again due to his problems with signal on the X and S compared to his defy+ and the new RAZR I :p

Soldato
I don't think Richy will be touching another HTC phone again due to his problems with signal on the X and S compared to his defy+ and the new RAZR I :p

LOL! I read about his problems in the One S thread it's really unlucky.

So what you going to do Nexus? Are you up for the new LG Nexus or are you going to wait for something else?

Back
Top Bottom