Dishonored - Bethesda Debut Trailer

Soldato
Managed to play about 30 mins of this and it seems good. I like the story and the kind of old combined with the modern level design. Controls seem fine so far but I haven't unlocked any powers. Only the gun, knife and counter ability.

Soldato
mine turned up from shopto (free delivery) yesterday.

i played it for maybe a couple of hours last night, really enjoying it so far. the controls are good.

I'm searching everywhere and reading everything as i go (fallout style). Only just got blink/heart, havent done any missions with them yet other than the simple learn to use the power ones.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Been playing this tonight and it's ace. Feels like Assassin's Creed and Deus Ex got together and had a kind of steampunk-y baby.

Done the first missions and my only concern is blink feels a little too powerful. I can definitely see myself playing this a few different ways though.

Soldato
its quite good.

Graphics and art style are pretty impressive for ps3 at medium and long range BUT textures are low res short range) Doesnt feel consistent.

Only on the 1st proper mission but its quite like Hitman i would say. (except for different setting, powers etc).

I miss that there is no 3rd person view though.

Good voice acting and story so far.

Is there a map btw? i like that ive not really come across many (if any) invisible barriers. Most of the time the game encourages you to go explore.

Ohh looking through the keyholes is a nice touch....you find out some interesting things e.g. about granny rags

her birds actually being rats haha

granny rags house
i kinda accidentally went round to her back garden and took the rune/charm that was there and immediately The outsider appears and gives me some waffle about granny rags....did i offend granny rags? she doesnt talk to me now?? Ive pretty much being picking up anything and everything.....

Soldato
Really enjoying this game. It's hard but rewarding. i like that every level is a sandbox.
I got a power that turns every person I kill into ash rather than leaving a body. it seems that no matter how many I kill the chaos metre doesn't go up.
My only problem is that first person platforming sucks!

Soldato
Decided to do abot 40% stealth and kill everythin. 2nd playthrough ill try be pacificst ghost. Got the adrenaline fatality kill power lvl 2 but how do i tell when my adrenaline is maxed out?

Very good game. Was a bit harsh on graphics maybe. Cant really fault this game so far. Maybe a liitle bit easy on normal.

Soldato
Having lost my entire Saturday to this, I'm really enjoying it, BUT...

Graphics - awful. I picked up the 360 version rather than PS3, as the 360 sometimes has a very slight edge over the PS3's graphics... calm down fanboys of both, its a personal judgement from someone with both consoles so get over yourselves. You do learn to see past them for the game beneath, but as the bulk of my time is spent patiently waiting for the perfect time to take someone down, you can't help but sit there thinking "god, those textures look terrible".

'Sandbox' - it really isn't, sure there's a bunch of ways to get about the level, but when you explore every inch, you realize that you're just in a cunningly constructed tunnel (albeit a large one), which is designed to route you to the next loading door, taking you onto the next cunningly constructed tunnel. This is how I feel the city areas to be - I was hoping for literally an entire city, where I could actually go about it any way I wanted, but it's not the case.

Overall, it's feeling a bit too repetitive - I've done two assassinations and I'm on a kidnap one now, but I can't help feeling that I've been here and done this before.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the game, and would happily recommend it to anyone, it's just.... well, it's no Thief.

Caporegime
'Sandbox' - it really isn't, sure there's a bunch of ways to get about the level, but when you explore every inch, you realize that you're just in a cunningly constructed tunnel (albeit a large one), which is designed to route you to the next loading door, taking you onto the next cunningly constructed tunnel. This is how I feel the city areas to be - I was hoping for literally an entire city, where I could actually go about it any way I wanted, but it's not the case.

Really that's your own fault though. Criticising a game for something when they've specifically said throughout development that it's not an open world title is just silly.

Soldato
Really that's your own fault though. Criticising a game for something when they've specifically said throughout development that it's not an open world title is just silly.

That's a bit unfair isn't it? I've obviously not followed this game as diligently as you it seems, as I recall places touting it as very open and free; the term sandbox was even used as I recall - and every game that has had that term associated with it has been open and free roaming.

Caporegime
Well it is open, you can complete your objectives in a variety of ways with a variety of paths. But it isn't one open city, something they've stated very clearly prior to release (and I've barely followed this game, just a few trailers really)

It's like criticising it for not having multiplayer.

Back
Top Bottom