*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Soldato
I can't believe that the official flip cover is £30!

It looks like quite a slick bit of kit, but that's pretty crazy...

It's a bit OTT. Looks like the perfect cover I've wanted for a smartphone for ages though, iPad style (though shame it doesn't fold around to make a nice little stand too, would be the icing on the cake). Hate invisible shields and clunky covers etc.

Associate
O2 are doing a sim free version for £480, but you'll need to wait for their version of any firmware update, same with 3 at £500
Handtec (£510) have French versions of the phone and Amazon.de (470) have german I guess.
Mobi-city have it for £500 if you want a white one, or a two week wait for grey.
Expansys (can I mention them?) have it for £530 but with £22 cashback from topcahsback. Currently out of grey stock though.
I've seen a couple of other places have it for £480 but they look like Hong Kong stores.

So I've decided to spend a little more and just get it from Amazon uk with guaranteed delivery tomorrow. I'm really looking forwad to getting it now. :)

Last edited:
Soldato

Ok that makes it seem like a rip off! Never knew they did a similar one for the old note. Well, it won't fit the new one so just gonna suck it up I guess.

DigiRev ship from HongKong, so you have to add import charges onto that £480.

O2 are doing a sim free version for £480, but you'll need to wait for their version of any firmware update, same with 3 at £500
Handtec (£510) have French versions of the phone and Amazon.de (470) have german I guess.
Mobi-city have it for £500 if you want a white one, or a two week wait for grey.
Expansys (can I mention them?) have it for £530 but with £22 cashback from topcahsback. Currently out of grey stock though.
I've seen a couple of other places have it for £480 but they look like Hong Kong stores.

So I've decided to spend a little more and just get it from Amazon uk with guaranteed delivery tomorrow. I'm really looking forwad to getting it now. :)

Cheers for the comprehensive rundown. I need an unlocked phone so o2 etc are out unfortunately.

Last edited:
Associate
My original galaxy S was an o2 payg phone, and it wasn't locked and I used it with my 3 sim straight away. I believe that the current phones from o2 and three are also unlocked, but do double check if you decide to get it from there.
The only down side is that the firmware has to be approved by them, unless you fancy doing it manually via odin, so you'd have to wait a little longer for updates.

Soldato
Soldato
Has anybody who has the Note II experienced any problems with the AMOLED screen? I have just received a replacement as the first handset had a dark blotch/ line/ mark showing right in the centre of the screen, around 1" long. It was only visible in a dark room when the screen brightness was at its lowest and the image was dark, such as a video or a webpage with a dark background. I had been debating whether to return it for the past 5 days but finally became annoyed. Everything i have read indicates that Samsung can't make the AMOLED screens perfectly.

Also, who is using a screen protector? I am using one in conjunction with a slimline hardcase back but it has taken me 6 attempts and 6 protectors to fit one perfectly without any dust underneath. I never had a problem doing it on the iphone. Dust/ bubble free fitting is obviously harder to achieve as the screens get bigger. :D

I have a blotch on my S3 and similar in that I can only see it in the dark and on something black but to be honest it doesn't me. By the way, just ordered a note 2. :D

Soldato
Associate
To all current Note II owners - Has anyone found the nib on the S Pen to rattle and be loose? I received a replacement unit today and the S Pen nib/ tip rattles if you shake the pen. When you hold the pen to the screen, it is as though the nib drops out slightly and offers no resistance. It also has a little side to side movement. I'm sure my first pen nib wasn't this loose.

Associate
I've just got the samsung flip case in white from the auction site for £22, can confirm it's genuine and it is the best phone case I've ever had. It adds barely anything to the weight or thickness and obviously if the back gets scratched or ruined it is part of the case and just gets replaced.

Very happy that I spent a bit more. Actually got the nillkin on order too but can't see me using it now.

Back
Top Bottom