*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Associate
I'm sure I've seen the grey for similar on another site but can't remember which it was!

I love the phone so much I'm considering the Note 10.1 to replace my ageing iPad 1 which is virtually unusable due to memory problems now.

Associate
I ordered a car mount off the river site and it broke within a few weeks of use. I moved it twice and it broke on the third attempt to fit it. The suction cup mechanism snapped inside. Buy cheap....buy twice...

Associate
Hi all, new here but have been creeping around reading for absolutely ages.

I bought the lte version from T-Mobile too and like many have found their reps lacking in knowledge . I've had many different answers to my questions lol.

I have had a few reps assure me the 11th was the real release date so hoped like many here but didn't receive the email to tell me its in and order is moving along...but still live in hope!

Then I saw this site, so maybe its true

http:// http://mobilenews.omio.com/mobile-phone-news/4g-lte-samsung-note-ii-available-on-t-mobile-in-the-uk/

Last edited:
Soldato
Just found the Titanium Grey Official Samsung Flip case on 'the bay', for £22.90 delivered. Best price I could find for the Grey case.

Quite excited now, as I'm expecting a Titanium Grey Note II tomorrow!

Got a link? :) My search skills (or lack thereof) are failing me...

Regarding the car mount: I'll definitely be getting one of those - the note should make for a cracking sat-nav, and directions are not exactly my strong suite :p I'm assuming that it will still fit when wearing the flip cover? It'd be a royal pain to unclip it every time...

Last edited:
Soldato
really love the look of this and keep adding it to my basket on mobilesuk and taking it back out again because I'm really not sure I want to make the switch away from a windows phone, I love my Omnia 7 but it's really starting to show it's age and I had a little play around with a Note I the other day and it seemed really nice to use so i',m sure the Note II is even better!

Will this be as easy to use as the WP8 phones? i'm not app crazy, I think I only ever bought a stanav app for my omnia, will I be able to get the same functionality for documents, music etc? I'd be looking at an ativ s specifically, so how would this compare?!

thanks for any advice/convincing :p

Last edited:
Soldato
^^ Thanks. I looked through that supplier but didn't spot the grey...

Will this be as easy to use as the WP8 phones? i'm not app crazy, I think I only ever bought a stanav app for my omnia, will I be able to get the same functionality for documents, music etc? I'd be looking at an ativ s specifically, so how would this compare?!

thanks for any advice/convincing :p

I doubt any of us have used a Windows 8 phone yet, but Android is extremely easy to use. Yes, you can do advanced stuff if you feel you want to, but if you just want to use it "as is" then it's extremely straightforward.

As for apps and functionality - it will take a long time for WP8 to catch up to the android platform, and it should be leaps and bounds ahead of WP7.

Your best bet is to check out some video reviews that show the phone in action. I'll repost one that I saw the other day - seems to sum up the basic features of the phone quite nicely:

Associate
To all current Note II owners - Has anyone found the nib on the S Pen to rattle and be loose? I received a replacement unit today and the S Pen nib/ tip rattles if you shake the pen. When you hold the pen to the screen, it is as though the nib drops out slightly and offers no resistance. It also has a little side to side movement. I'm sure my first pen nib wasn't this loose.

Not sure what technology the note uses for the pen, but every single WaCom tabled I have owned (quite a few) the nib is slightly loose, I'm pretty sure it allows the pressure sensitivity to work.

Soldato
The nib on the S-Pen doesn't rattle on mine but it definitely is a bit loose, however it functions just fine. I think KelDG is correct it's for pressure sensitivity.

Just tried The Dark Knight Rises and I'm glad to say it runs much smoother then it did on my S3. It was very stuttery on my S3 for some reason, no such problem on the Note II. Hope you guys spending £500 ish on this, got the game for 25p on the sale!

Associate
Got a link? :) My search skills (or lack thereof) are failing me...

Regarding the car mount: I'll definitely be getting one of those - the note should make for a cracking sat-nav, and directions are not exactly my strong suite :p I'm assuming that it will still fit when wearing the flip cover? It'd be a royal pain to unclip it every time...

I'm not sure if the case will stop it fitting actually. I think any case that fits to the sides will struggle as the hinge protrudes from the left.

Back
Top Bottom