*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Soldato
Just spoke to Orange about my upgrade options.

Problem 1, the Note 2 wont be available until the 15th on Orange and they have no info on deals for it until then.

Problem 2, 4G pricing wont be available until a couple of days before it's released.

Problem 3, it looks like the best data allowance they can offer is 2gig... and that is a £41 package! Hopefully 4G will have an unlimited package.

Problem 4, there's no specific retention's department either, so I guess I'll call and ask for my PUK code, then wait for someone to call me back...

Soldato
Well HOX sold, back on my Desire HD till the Note arrives. Reminding me of the few things though. The DHD was a great phone. Gave me nearly 2 years of flawless service. Built like a tank. Still doesn't feel particularly sluggish and the screen is still pretty damn good (and this is coming straight from a HOX). I feel like I could drop test this thing till the end of time and the extent of the damage would be the battery cover coming off. In fact it's still so good, I bet I could use it for another year without qualm (I won't, because I'm a nerd. But it does highlight how we sometimes we buy products and features we think are lightyears ahead of what we have, when sometimes they're incremental improvements with a massive dose of shiny toy syndrome thrown in for good measure).

Soldato
Problem 4, there's no specific retention's department either, so I guess I'll call and ask for my PUK code, then wait for someone to call me back...

It's a PAC code you would like, not PUK. A PUK code is what you need when you block your sim by entering the code wrong too many times :).

Who here ordered direct from T-Mobile? I've had one email from them so far regarding my contract application and haven't heard anything since (About a day ago.) Quidco did track correctly which is good :).

Last edited:
Associate
Well HOX sold, back on my Desire HD till the Note arrives. Reminding me of the few things though. The DHD was a great phone. Gave me nearly 2 years of flawless service. Built like a tank. Still doesn't feel particularly sluggish and the screen is still pretty damn good (and this is coming straight from a HOX). I feel like I could drop test this thing till the end of time and the extent of the damage would be the battery cover coming off. In fact it's still so good, I bet I could use it for another year without qualm (I won't, because I'm a nerd. But it does highlight how we sometimes we buy products and features we think are lightyears ahead of what we have, when sometimes they're incremental improvements with a massive dose of shiny toy syndrome thrown in for good measure).

My Note 2 should arrive today and it's making me a little sad to know that my trusty Galaxy S will no longer be by my side. Like your DHD, it's still plenty fast enough, and has been a solid phone for over 2 years. That's the longest I've ever kept a single phone, but thanks to the folks over at XDA-Developers, it has been kept up to date and still feels fresh with the Slim Bean rom it's currently running

Associate
I am ready for a contract renewal and am likely going for the Note II. I called T-Mobile today, who I am currently with, and did not get any success as they said they could not deal with the Note II until Monday but to 'consult the website for price plans'. I asked if it was likely I'd be offered anything better than the plan online due to customer loyalty and was told 'see on Monday'.

I'll do this but in the meantime - Does anybody know if it's likely I'll be offered a better plan as renewal? If not, I'll probably leave T-Mobile to Three to claim the QuidCo cashback (I don't think I could get the T-Mobile cashback without loosing my number which I do not want to do).

So; anybody managed to get any plans that differ from those online? Thanks!

Associate
I am ready for a contract renewal and am likely going for the Note II. I called T-Mobile today, who I am currently with, and did not get any success as they said they could not deal with the Note II until Monday but to 'consult the website for price plans'. I asked if it was likely I'd be offered anything better than the plan online due to customer loyalty and was told 'see on Monday'.

I'll do this but in the meantime - Does anybody know if it's likely I'll be offered a better plan as renewal? If not, I'll probably leave T-Mobile to Three to claim the QuidCo cashback (I don't think I could get the T-Mobile cashback without loosing my number which I do not want to do).

So; anybody managed to get any plans that differ from those online? Thanks!

T-Mobile told me they'd offer me nothing whatsoever for loyalty and that was the same for any other current customer but they might say different to you. I've had enough of T-Mobile, their customer service is terrible and they really don't know anything about the devices they handle. I opted for Three due to truly unlimited data with tethering and no problems. My Note 2 will arrive on Monday.

Soldato
I've posted this a few times but I have a T Mobile deal, although its via an e-mail and nothing more.

£80 Upfront
£27 a month (24 months)
600mins
Unlimited Text
750mb data.

The guy said he might be able to do a better deal come the 15th...I'll wait and see. (T mobile phoned me up as I'd already asked to leave)

Associate
Thanks - Seems it differs who you call and what you're usage is (at a guess). I'll give them a go on Monday. If there's no joy I'll request the PAC, give them a few days to get back to me before heading over to Three - At least that's the plan for now... Thank you! :)

Soldato
£80 to end my current contract early is not bad so i'm definitely considering it, the call operator I eventually got through to said they'd call me back on monday to see what deals they could offer me though so I've got a few days to mull over the idea of a new phone, I'll have to have a play about in town and see what I really like the look of, this is definitely top of my list though!

Soldato
Just ordered the last Titanium Grey from Amazon, should be here tomorrow. Were 5 or 6 left this morning, did some work, ate some toast, no rush.. Popped back on and suddenly only one left! Hope I've not placed a last ditch order along with 10 other people, with 9 of us getting an email saying sorry it's no longer in stock!

Soldato
T-Mobile told me they'd offer me nothing whatsoever for loyalty and that was the same for any other current customer

I was told exactly the same thing.

I've had enough of T-Mobile, their customer service is terrible and they really don't know anything about the devices they handle.

Agreed... Their customer service is terrible. It may just be that, right now, they don't give a flying **** because they know that they will have an advantage over the other networks for the next 9-12 months (4G).

I opted for Three due to truly unlimited data with tethering and no problems. My Note 2 will arrive on Monday.

Unfortunately 3 have very poor data speeds in my area. I'm close to the University, and lots of students use 3 unlimited packages for tethering and for p2p, to avoid University network restrictions. If 3 had decent data speeds I'd have switched to them as well.

Associate
I was told exactly the same thing.

Agreed... Their customer service is terrible. It may just be that, right now, they don't give a flying **** because they know that they will have an advantage over the other networks for the next 9-12 months (4G).

Unfortunately 3 have very poor data speeds in my area. I'm close to the University, and lots of students use 3 unlimited packages for tethering and for p2p, to avoid University network restrictions. If 3 had decent data speeds I'd have switched to them as well.

I consume a lot of data through Spotify usage, but don't necessarily need high-speeds for downloads or anything, I most often have WiFi access. One of my friends on three here where I am is extremely pleased with data speeds and going by that recommendation at the moment I'm quite happy to jump in on it. I will tether often at school though because I can't stand their net restrictions here and I use my own laptop anyway. I'm fairly impressed with Three, and I only see more network improvement heading its way in the next year or so. Especially as it is marketing itself as the network for internet.

Soldato
My friends in Sheffield use Three, and it's really quite fast up there. When they come down to me, speeds drop to well below 1Mb/s (often below 200kb/s). So long as you're not in a heavily congested area, Three should be fine.

Soldato
So MPD sent my Note 2 out, but didn't send my SIM card out with it, so I have to wait until tomorrow for delivery but I'm away to Edinburgh for the weekend... P****D off to say the least.

Associate
So MPD sent my Note 2 out, but didn't send my SIM card out with it, so I have to wait until tomorrow for delivery but I'm away to Edinburgh for the weekend... P****D off to say the least.

I'm waiting delivery of mine too, so I really hope they've included the sim. If not, I'll be in a similar state as you.

I bought through MPD because I work in the day (therefore depot collection is inevitable), and MPD state they use Parcel Force for deliveries (a depot that's near to my home), which was my cunning plan.

Their dispatch email, however, tells me it's out for delivery with TNT (depot 25 miles from my home). Not so great.

I called MPD and they advised that they're in dispute with the distribution company they use, who claim they're using Parcel Force, despite a number of MPD customers complaining that TNT are being used instead.

Associate
Just ordered the last Titanium Grey from Amazon, should be here tomorrow. Were 5 or 6 left this morning, did some work, ate some toast, no rush.. Popped back on and suddenly only one left! Hope I've not placed a last ditch order along with 10 other people, with 9 of us getting an email saying sorry it's no longer in stock!

Hopefully your order will be OK cause they're showing one more left in stock as of now!

Back
Top Bottom