*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Associate
So MPD sent my Note 2 out, but didn't send my SIM card out with it, so I have to wait until tomorrow for delivery but I'm away to Edinburgh for the weekend... P****D off to say the least.

Put your existing SIM card in it? Go get it swapped for a micro sim at a store if you have a normal size sim.

Soldato
Put your existing SIM card in it? Go get it swapped for a micro sim at a store if you have a normal size sim.

MPD do send it via TNT. I'm waiting for my phone to be dropped off.

I have a giffgaff pay as you go, so I'm going in to the T-Mobile store to get a SIM card instead of waiting til tomorrow, gonna cost me a £10er but that's the price you pay for being a nerd wanting his new toy...

Soldato
Ordered this yesterday

Grey
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GENUIN...item2a241e202e

Seller said delivery on 18th or 20th October, but received an email this morning said dispatched :).

...Was that the £22.90 grey Samsung flip-cover?

I also ordered last night (after you posted the link - thanks!), and got a dispatch email today.

It seems the seller sends items second class, so it will likely be a few days yet. Postage was free though, so I can't complain.

Soldato
I'm due for contract renewal soon and this phone is exactly what I'm after - a device with no weaknesses apart from that which is its biggest strength. Even though I don't make a vast number of calls in public and even though I'm old enough to know better, I am concerned that I'll feel a bit of a clown holding such a large phone to my ear.

What do you other owners do? Carry a bluetooth headset around for taking calls, simply grin and bear it, or are people generally not perturbed about making calls on it in public places?

Associate
I can say that you look like a total tool using a Bluetooth headset. No one notices what phone you have by your head ever.

Everyone notices someone talking to themselves using a headset.

Soldato
I can say that you look like a total tool using a Bluetooth headset. No one notices what phone you have by your head ever.

Everyone notices someone talking to themselves using a headset.

Especially if you're unfortunate enough to do a job requiring a suit. Then you look an even bigger weapon.

Associate
...Was that the £22.90 grey Samsung flip-cover?

I also ordered last night (after you posted the link - thanks!), and got a dispatch email today.

It seems the seller sends items second class, so it will likely be a few days yet. Postage was free though, so I can't complain.

Although it says second class, mine came next day first class. Might not make a difference due to the weekend though.

Soldato
I'm due for contract renewal soon and this phone is exactly what I'm after - a device with no weaknesses apart from that which is its biggest strength. Even though I don't make a vast number of calls in public and even though I'm old enough to know better, I am concerned that I'll feel a bit of a clown holding such a large phone to my ear.

What do you other owners do? Carry a bluetooth headset around for taking calls, simply grin and bear it, or are people generally not perturbed about making calls on it in public places?

Do you really base your actions on what random members of the public may think about the phone you've got?

Oh lawd! Use it however you want. Chances are if anyone's staring, they're interested in what it is that you're actually using rather than laughing at the size of your phone.

Soldato

Check out how big your hand is. It will cover the note mostly. I don't worry about it tbh

Associate

You are an adult, why would you care what other people think? That is the attitude I take to pretty much any situation I find myself in and I have not died yet :)

Soldato
Soldato
You are an adult, why would you care what other people think?

For the same reasons I don't walk down the street in a mankini :p

It's not a big issue, but several reviews DO mention that the size of the phone draws stares or comment. I'm not really interested in the attention.

Soldato

:confused:

Do things like this bother people?! Can't say as I'd give it a second thought. I find it impolite to talk on the phone in public, in general, as it is distracting to others (though occasionally it's unavoidable). What I look like with a phone against my ear wouldn't come into it though.

Associate
For the same reasons I don't walk down the street in a mankini :p

It's not a big issue, but several reviews DO mention that the size of the phone draws stares or comment. I'm not really interested in the attention.

lol, fair enough. But on a serious note, there is nothing wrong with a mankini, its perfect attire for a trip to the post office.

Associate
Fitted a SGP Steihneil Ultra Oleophobic Screen Protector on it a few days ago and it doesn't interfere with preview or any other functions of the S pen.
Got a perfect fit and it feels exactly the same as without screen protector so well chuffed with it, did cost quite a bit got 2 for £10.
Handtec was doing titanium grey official flip case at £22 something but it seems like the grey hiked up in price and the rest stayed the same.

Soldato
Fitted a SGP Steihneil Ultra Oleophobic Screen Protector on it a few days ago and it doesn't interfere with preview or any other functions of the S pen.
Got a perfect fit and it feels exactly the same as without screen protector so well chuffed with it, did cost quite a bit got 2 for £10.
Handtec was doing titanium grey official flip case at £22 something but it seems like the grey hiked up in price and the rest stayed the same.

Got one from the guy on the bay, £22.90 posted. Amazon say the phone has now been dispatched, so only a typically useless lazy postman (often prone to simply throwing boxes over my front gates rather than using the very obvious and fantastically efficient intercom system) stands between me, my Note 2 and a Saturday afternoon on a train to mess around with it. That's assuming it arrives in the morning at all. Here's hoping.

Back
Top Bottom