Worst thing you've ever gotten in your eye(s)?

Associate
A while ago I was in town when I saw this woman who was so fat she had rolls of flab drooping over her pulled-up socks. The light carrying that image didn't harm my eyes, but I could have done without it all the same.

When I was in my early teens I dropped a glass bottle of carbonated drink (Lucozade I think), when it smashed it sent a sliver of glass into my eye. At the hospital they put in a luminous dye but couldn't tell if there was glass still in there or if it was just the slice it made. I do remember a stunning trainee doctor examining me, when you're that age and a beautiful woman comes right up against your face it's like being a rabbit in the headlight, thank Christ there wasn't any reason they would have had me hooked up to any heart monitoring equipment, they'd have probably called the crash cart.

About ten to fifteen years later I asked an optician to check it out during an eye test, she was an annoying and impatient optician, it was my first eye test and I had no idea nor was given any warning about them testing for glaucoma, when the puff of air blasted me I nearly took a dump in my pants. She was quite sure she wouldn't find anything as the eyes heal quickly according to her, but it was still there.

Oh and I'm still like a bunny in headlights when it comes to beautiful women.

Associate
was eating some chips laced with some daft stupid hot chill sauce that someone bought as a present for a mate. then proceeded to take out my contact lenses :/

got some glass in there when i ran though a patio door...

more recently had a BB shatter on my mask doing airsoft, got a nice little cut fom that.

Associate
I was once walking down a path in the woods with leafy overgrown hedges either side of it. My face brushed up against one of the sides and a little thin bendy twig poked me right in the eye and felt like it went under my eyelid. My reaction was to quickly pull my head back which probably wasn't the right thing but no harm done.

Also had numerous green flies land on my eye and after lots of blinking vanish never to be seen again :D

Man of Honour
Pelargonic acid vanillylamide - also known as Nonivamide, the active constituent of CAPTOR or PAVA Sprays issued to Police.

We have to undergo training with it and although not compulsory, they suggest you have exposure to it so that you know what happens, a bit like when we were exposed to CS (which is a walk in the park compared to CAPTOR).

It is very very unpleasant.

I heartily second that.

Collateral fall out from CS was awful though. The first time I had to use it pacified the crazy man trying to kill me, wiped me out and another cop I was with.

Back to station, recovered, back to station, file to do, rubbed eyes ...... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH !

While CAPTOR is more unpleasant and higher up on the IK scale, the fallout doesn't compare to CS.

Soldato
Last year I made the mistake of rubbing my eye after chopping chillies while making a Thai green curry. Four hours of intense burning ensued. However, worse than that was getting red-hot **** from arc-welding in my eye. I'd just finished a run and was chipping off the **** when I forgot to lower my welding mask. From the pain I honestly thought I'd blinded myself. Luckily no lasting damage though. Close call.

Soldato
Someone in primary school actually managed to scratch my eye, had to wear a patch for a while, wasn't best pleased about it as it hurt like hell!

Back
Top Bottom