BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
If you put them at the same pressure as RFT's were, the car feels wobbly, flobby and unstable.

I'm now scared that you're having to run very high pressures in your tyres to not make the car feel unstable!

I can appreciate that you might have to put more pressure in than on the runflats but running at those pressures aren't they going to wear out very quickly. I'm want to get away from running runflats as they're so hard, replacing them with normal tyres but running them at very high pressures seems to be a bit odd.

I just don't want to spend £800 on tyres that I'm going to regret buying ;)

Last edited:
Associate
On my 320i, I've stuck with the door jam runflat pressures and have my CSC5's inflated to 38PSI at the rear, tyre wear fairly even.

I don't like higher pressures as it makes the ride even harder and crashes more when going over bumps in the road, probably increasing the chances of a cracked alloy (19 inch 225's).

Soldato
Is that on 18's or 19's?
18's
Those are mental high pressures, shocked you have any grip at all :eek:
Not really? The standard, BMW recommended pressure with run flats is 36 front, 41 rear. Upping these by 2 or 3 psi to compensate for more compliant sidewalls isnt crazy at all
Those pressures seemed high to me but I'm obviously looking guidance
This is on the E92 btw. Ill double check what the pressures are tomorrow as the tyres were slightly warm when i inflated, but running them a couple of psi above standard pressures should be just fine. They feel wonderful, so much grip and feedback!

Play around with the pressures yourself, youll find your happy medium!

Tea Drinker
Don
How long are rears lasting? I've done 10k and probably need another pair soon.

Caveat being I do drive the car hard and have hankook v12 evos, considering something else if they wear out to quick

Associate
Been a while since we've had any pictures so here's two from me!

271017_10152103695775464_609105451_n.jpg

542176_10152103704700464_1310091014_n.jpg

Soldato
Pulled the trigger on a JB4, fitting looks like a pita ! Someone mentioned its a 5 minute job to fit, looking at the instructions i would say its more like 1-2 hours.

Last edited:
Soldato
It has a lot more options in terms of settings, code reading/resetting, more maps built in and easily upgradeable for free when BMS release updates. It also has data logging so you can get the lads on e90post to help with any issues that the car may develop , map related or not.

Added to that it has map code deletion so BMW dealerships cant see its there oh and when you come to sell the car you can remove it and sell it on.

Soldato
My RFTs lasted about 20k. Has anyone taken their car with non RFTs for A service/inspection at BMW?

Yeah, I even got them to fit me a new pair of Eagle F1s instead of the RFTs at the same time as an Inspection 1, no problem. Another main dealer wouldn't fit any customer-supplied tyres at all though :rolleyes:.

Back
Top Bottom