Beer + Fire = Art, functionality and free glasses!

Soldato
OP
What's the strength like once you've separated it?

Seems perfectly fine to me. Drank two beers out of it last night and it never felt fragile. I think it would be best to just treat it as a thin wine glass and don't go throwing it around the place. I have no idea if it's dishwasher safe, and not owning one I can't test it out.

Do more, perfect it. Then I will do my own!

I will do! Going to move into bigger bottles as well, hopefully have a good range in a couple of weeks. I really think having an electric sander would be a wise idea, but for now I'll make do with sandpaper. As I said, you are limited to bottles witht he image printed onto it directly. There aren't that many around.

Caporegime
It's a nice trick; mate at work has been making these for years.

However I wouldn't drink out of one, too much risk for a missed shard of glass making its way into your digestive system, which would be an interesting trip to hospital.

Hmm, I'm wondering just how safe the candles would be once they burn down? Keeping in mind how we got here...

Shouldn't be a problem, long as you don't do something to cool the glass down quickly.

Aod

Aod

Soldato
It's a nice trick; mate at work has been making these for years.

However I wouldn't drink out of one, too much risk for a missed shard of glass making its way into your digestive system, which would be an interesting trip to hospital.

Any shard of glass big enough to cause you a problem is large enough to be detectable when you drink. The human body has been drinking from water-sources contaminated with sand/rocks/stuff for a very long time ;)

Caporegime
That actually pretty cool and well timed too :)
Beers competition just got even more funtional, not only do we get drunk we also stock our glasses cupboard :)

:D

Shouldn't be a problem, long as you don't do something to cool the glass down quickly.

In the original link Ahleckz posted on making these (Now Drinking thread) the video said about listening for a crack before then pouring over the cold water. Must get him it try it out first ;)

Caporegime
Any shard of glass big enough to cause you a problem is large enough to be detectable when you drink. The human body has been drinking from water-sources contaminated with sand/rocks/stuff for a very long time ;)

Try and swallow some and report back ;)

:D
In the original link Ahleckz posted on making these (Now Drinking thread) the video said about listening for a crack before then pouring over the cold water. Must get him it try it out first ;)

Yep, but that's a point flame source with heat concentrated around the bottle, a candle is a slightly different kettle of fish as the flame is smaller and in the middle of the bottle.

Not to mention the countless over the shelf glass container candles you can buy, can't see it being a problem myself.

Caporegime
Yep, but that's a point flame source with heat concentrated around the bottle, a candle is a slightly different kettle of fish as the flame is smaller and in the middle of the bottle.

Not to mention the countless over the shelf glass container candles you can buy, can't see it being a problem myself.

Fair point...

.... aaaaaahhh ahhhhrrrggghhhh aaaaagggghhhhh it burns aaarrrgghhh

/roaring fire sound

;)

Back
Top Bottom