Worst thing you've ever gotten in your eye(s)?

Soldato
Dave's insanity sauce. One of my worst experiences to date.

I can vouch for this one. A friend was searing some steak he had covered in Dave's insanity sauce, which then vapourised and filled the whole bottom of the house...

The pain in eyes, nose & throat! I can imagine it was similar to being tear gassed...:p

Associate
when I was a kid I remember my uncle was trying to fix a light fitting in the ceiling, got the superglue out and he got a drop on the eyeball! they had a bit of trouble sorting it out at the hospital I recall lol

Soldato
Some of these are :eek: and some are :D

When I was a nipper (4-5) I was playing in a big ash pile with a kid from my street and he thought it was a good idea to throw a shovel-full into my face. It didn't really hurt that much, but it totally caked into my eyes (and nose, mouth, throat) and I was freaking out. My parents heard my screams and come got me - I still remember being in the bath with them trying to rinse it all out.

Other than that.....I'm 38 and haven't had anything else worth mentioning in my eye :eek:

mjd

mjd

Associate
White spirit was quite nasty for me, but no long term damage.
I did meet someone a few years ago who went through something far more unpleasant though.
I did a job installing new PCs into the local animal shelter. Talking to one of the inspectors one lunchtime, she told me how she had previously worked as an animal care assistant and whilst cleaning out the kennels one day, managed to get dog 'do' in her eye. This had left her with with a recurring eye condition caused by the herpes simplex virus. Needless to say I soon lost interest in my lunch :)

Caporegime
Paint when spraying at work. Thankfully it was only water based. We sometimes work with an exterior pliolite resin based paint, get some of that on your skin and it's hard enough to clean off. I do work in a dairy plant where hazardous chemicals are used frequently, caustic soda being the worst, gotta take a lot of precautions when handling or working with it.

Back
Top Bottom