Scottish independence referendum deal agreed.

Soldato
I was saying that you can, so I'm again unsure as to how you can take that to be a sweeping statement. Political views or tacts can normally be conveyed in a sentence or two for simplicity and they tend to stick, and rightly or wrongly this is the position the Tories find themself in. They drew a "line in the sand", "thus far an no further". Scots want change, and the Tories have yet to raise themself to that challenge.

Easy you said they were stupid to do that because they would be seen as blocking moderate change.

The changes or the potential for them are absolutely enormous and to call them stupid because of the potential public perception alone is ridiculous given the many other factors that changes to the tax situation could potentially bring.

Making a superficial statement to portray the Tories as stupid without acknowledging the many other reasons why devo max was not an option is pure thick.

no one cares what Scotland alone thinks is moderate Biohazard - when addressing the competency or judgement of the PM, whom must think about all of the UK or at least the rUK.

Moderate reform for Scotland is something akin to Full Fiscal Autonomy, that is the politcal desire and has been for a long time. Independence is more radical reform.

who cares - we're discussing camerons reasoning.

Permabanned
Across the board...a total split of all UK assets and deficits proportional to the respective population....that is ALL of the UK's current Assets and deficits, not just those not permanently or native to Scotland. The negotiation should not be on the total percentage split, but what makes up that percentage in real assets etc...

Yes Castiel, well done. They will be on all aspects of apportioning liabilities and assets.

The SNP wants to keep all the UK mineral assets that would fall into its remit then it can, the makeup of percentage of the total split can be adjusted elsewhere......and so on. That is an equitable solution.

See this is where you just start to act silly again.

Oh, you want what is rightly yours... we'll have, err that over there instead then. Really, this isn't the twelth century.

Soldato
I can't help but think that most of the Scots campaigning for independance are doing so for blind nationalist reasons. I can't see how it would benefit anyone, particularly the Scots, :confused:

Permabanned
Easy you said they were stupid to do that because they would be seen as blocking moderate change.

The changes or the potential for them are absolutely enormous and to call them stupid because of the potential public perception alone is ridiculous given the many other factors that changes to the tax situation could potentially bring.

Making a superficial statement to portray the Tories as stupid without acknowledging the many other reasons why devo max was not an option is pure thick.

Fair point to a certain extent, but again this is a thread on Scottish independence Referendum and is not in view directly of the UK political aspect.

In that respect, the referendum, I do believe the "thus far and no further", while going further elsewhere, when Scotland wants to go further... is almost as if he doesn't want any potential return of electorial support or even the Union to some..

Yes he has other aspects to contend with, but the stance taken in Scotland by both versions of the party are too hardline and out of touch, as if to reach out to the more barmy Unionists even. There is scope of movement before this but they refuse to offer it. They will become more irrelevent in the debate. It is stupid, they just don't get it.

If Cameron can state in parliament he finds the vast majority of Scots opinion on FFA stupid I'm sure I'm also afforded the opportunity to do likewise.

superficial said:
no one cares what Scotland alone thinks is moderate Biohazard - when addressing the competency or judgement of the PM, whom must think about all of the UK or at least the rUK.

I have, and it's still stupid to me. And contradictory.

PS rUK-England isn't the centre of the universe, so no I do not have to regard it when looking at the Scottish political theatre.

Last edited:
Soldato
Fair point to a certain extent, but again this is a thread on Scottish independence Referendum and is not in view directly of the UK political aspect.

In that respect, the referendum, I do believe the "thus far and no further", while going further elsewhere, when Scotland wants to go further... is almost as if he doesn't want any potential return of electorial support or even the Union to some..

Yes he has other aspects to contend with, but the stance taken in Scotland by both versions of the party are too hardline and out of touch, as if to reach out to the more barmy Unionists even. There is scope of movement before this but they refuse to offer it. They will become more irrelevent in the debate. It is stupid, they just don't get it.

If Cameron can state in parliament he finds the vast majority of Scots opinion on FFA stupid I'm sure I'm also afforded the opportunity to do likewise.

I have, and it's still stupid to me. And contradictory.

PS rUK-England isn't the centre of the universe, so not I do not have to regard it when looking at the Scottish political theatre.

OK - lets leave it.

Permabanned
Yes Castiel, well done. They will be on all aspects of apportioning liabilities and assets.

Oh, you want what is rightly yours... we'll have, err that over there instead then. Really, this isn't the twelth century.

Not silly really (not that I was being entirely serious anyway),but logical.....UK assets are UK assets.....if a proportion of the UK wants to leave then what is rightfully theirs is an equal proportion of the assets and liabilities of the UK. You attribute a total value of UK assets and divide them accordingly taking consideration of geographic and demographic positions of some assets compared to others. What rightfully belongs to the UK is everything currently, and what will rightfully belong to an independent Scotland will be a fair proportion of those total UK assets, this includes mineral rights the UK currently owns. That is if you draw lines along a strict proportional split according to population as you suggested......

Last edited:
Soldato

The nationalist stance is just as silly. They fell they get a better deal being out of the union on their terms. if Scotland leaves the union, the remainder will be just as selfish in finding terms that suit them.

I don't see how it's got anything to do with the 12th century.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I have proof that shows why Scotland should not be independent.

sooooo referendum in 2014 .. does this no mean that theyl be in need of hunnerz of mod stud teachers to teach the kids about politics ... right when I'l be lookling for a job! smashhhing :)

If that is the quality of teachers that we can expect post independence then God help us.

Sigh.

Permabanned
The nationalist stance is just as silly. They fell they get a better deal being out of the union on their terms. if Scotland leaves the union, the remainder will be just as selfish in finding terms that suit them.

I don't see how it's got anything to do with the 12th century.

They feel they get a better deal out of the Union on their terms? What is this in relation to, sorry?

I think it would be quite amicable actually, only Unionists (strangely since we've supposed to be wanting to stay with this politik & establishment) try to make out it is going to be all hell and brimstone.

Terms that suits them does not and will not equate to overt bullying and theft. There will be negotiation on assets, liabilities and other pertinent issues.. but to suggest that the discussions will be predicated on one side asset stripping the other just because they exist is quite simply medieval. Yes, and that was exactly the insinuation with "oh you want your geographical territory, right we'll just loss adjust that over here with your xyz"..

So I feel quite justified in that statement, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom