Move away from DPD, they're dragging you down

Associate
As a comparison,Im expecting a parcel being delivered by Royal Mail, I have a tracking number, enter it on their site and they tell me they can only tell me where my parcel is AFTER its been delivered and signed for!!! I dont need to know where it is or when it will be delivered when I already have it!!

Had a DPD delivery today, window was 10.25-11.25 and it arrived at 10.45.

Associate
No perfect courier exists.

Mistakes happen, and as for delivery slots, I think thats a luxury rather than a given. Anybody who spends any time on the road at all should understand that genuine delays do happen.

It can be very frustrating when stuff does not arrive as planned, especially if you have waited in. But it is what it is. For every one person that is let down, thousands of others are not. Lets be honest, with the logistics involved and the state of our road network, its pretty amazing anybody gets anything on time.

We have used nearly every courier available over the last 18 years, and they are all a much of a muchness IMO.

Last edited:

Soldato
dpd are fantastic up here in Glasgow.

my local guy always pops up right at the start of the delivery window and is eternally cheery.

Associate
Maybe it would be a good idea to log details of which DPD regions are getting the poor service so OCUK can see if its down to a particular depot and then have a word with DPD and get it sorted.

Ive had half a dozen deliveries from OC in the past 6 weeks and all have been delivered in the window given.

Associate
DPD is such a joke they haven't even arrived or left anything, was in all day waiting for them just to say this "We were unable to deliver your parcel as there was no one present to sign for the delivery, rearrange your delivery here"
Calling Card Left e-mail notification sent"

At least if you have incompetent drivers say it! Don't give an excuse like that. Just ****** me off

Soldato
DPD have been great with me, but I have to laugh at the last order I made here.

Basically my order got split into two because someone couldn't find a couple of fans in the warehouse in time which meant that they got sent out out via 1st class mail with the rest of the order coming via DPD.
The first class package arrived hours before the DPD one, although DPD did get it here when they said they would.

Finally got some haribo too. Yay!

Edit: Would also like to add a big thank you to 5UB for putting up with my panic over the 1st class situation and for refunding my postage costs although it turned out fine in the end. Cheers dude, you're a star :)

Last edited:
Associate
Never seen anything bad said about DPD (apart from here of course :p )

However, done 3 orders last night, 2 of which are DPD. One which is not from OcUK I can track fine and is in transit (wooo, so excited)

The one from OcUK it says the consignment number doesn't exist. Sure it's not anything to do with OcUK but I will only worry if my parcel doesn't turn up :D Should be fine anyway :)

Cam.

Back
Top Bottom