3100 Dilemma

Soldato
Am thinking about buying one of these now. More than i wanted to pay but they just feel great and would be perfect for me (beginner).

I am prepared to get a new one from the high street, but have the option of buying one from elsewhere for the same price but it has no warranty. The bonus being there is an extra lens and a few other accessories.

Am torn! :confused:

Soldato
Can't honestly say that a 70-300 would be up your alley then, it wouldn't really be wide enough on a crop body for landscapes. it'll be equivalent to a 109mm - 468mm lens.
Just to add, those lenses are coming down in price. I've seen those going 2nd hand for just over the £150 mark.

I'd say get the new camera with warranty. The stock 18-55mm kit lens will work better with regards to landscapes and pictures of the family tbh :)

Associate
Just got back from a well known high street store with my new 3100.

Overwhelmed by all the buttons would not be an understatement! :D

I didn't think it had enough, Most of the settings you have to go into the Camera to adjust, That's why i like the Pro bodys it's all at your finger tips, But to be fair you prob won't be changing much settings for the first 12 months or So, Enjoy the Camera it's nice to learn on. :D

Soldato
OP
I didn't think it had enough, Most of the settings you have to go into the Camera to adjust, That's why i like the Pro bodys it's all at your finger tips, But to be fair you prob won't be changing much settings for the first 12 months or So, Enjoy the Camera it's nice to learn on. :D

I have just been messing about with it, and bear in mind I have very little knowledge.

The 'guide' mode is awesome and so far it is most joyful to use :D

Might divorce the wife now, I have a new playmate :p

Associate
Did you get the Nikon 70-300 lens with it? I am also tempted to get a 3100 as an entry into SLR photography. I have a Fujifilm S200EXR bridge camera, but due to my interests in nature, landscape and aircraft photography I have seemed to 'out-grow' my trusty camera.

Back
Top Bottom