Nanoxia Deep Silence DS1

Associate
Had a quick search through the forum but couldn't see anything.

This looks like a nice new case from Nanoxia. Maybe a good alternative to Bit Fenix or Fractal. Price looks OK so I'm quite tempted.

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/4981/nanoxia_deep_silence_ds1_mid_tower_chassis_review/index.html (I guess it's OK to link here?)

I currently have a Lian Li PC7B, which I love the looks of, but it's so old now. No cable management at all and rattles quite annoyingly despite me trying to tighten the sides (works for a couple of months then the rattles come back).

C64

C64

Soldato
Love the Air Chimney idea ( fractal should copy that lol ) but has to be said looks like a rip off of the fractal r3/4 which is in turn a bit of a rip off of the antec p180.Quite like it actually the review doesn't touch on whether the front fan mounts only support 120mm if they only support 120mm that seems strange and a missed opportunity for a case that has enough width to fit 185mm tall cpu heatsinks.

120mm fans are a bit outdated if you ask me I am never going backwards from 180mm silverstone air penetrators used them in an ft01 and now an rv03 this case would be much better with at least 140mm + fans supported at the front.If the build quality stands up well then it looks like the fractals have some healthy competition.

Try blutac to stop lian li vibrations it's an old trick which works well on lian li and bungee mount your hdd's.

Last edited:

Mei

Mei

Soldato
c64 i thought the same when looking at the review, reminded me so much of the r3
and i agree about 120mm being a bit dated now

Soldato
fractal r4 is pretty good once i added another 140mm front intake and reversed the psu so it exhausted from the case instead of in-taking from the bottom..the air whoosh was audible.

Associate
+1 for the Fractal copy. The Fractal Design Define R3/R4 is significantly better than the Antec P180 (in my opinion). Does Nanoxia manage to outdo Fractal this time around? Air chimney (but Fractal has vents there; I have exhaust fans there), retractable I/O ports (good for me, as I only plug things into these occasionally), two doors (if that's really important).... Anything else?

Associate
My my brother wants to build a quiet(er) computer so I've been looking at the Fractal Design Define R4 as one of the most likely candidates. Then along comes this Deep Silence which looks very good too. Just released so unsure when it will be generally available though. Pricewise it's about the same but has a fan controller. Like the idea of flat drive 'trays' which fit both 3.5" and 2.5" without the need for a messy adapter (both the Deep Silence and Define R4 have).

Oh, the TPU reviewed the case too which is probably a better review site:
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Nanoxia/Deep_Silence_1/

Back
Top Bottom