*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Associate
Again, I'd just cite strange priorities. If you don't really notice it, what advantage is it?

I have no reason to doubt you that the benchmarks would be faster, but still, faster in benchmarks and faster in use are two different animals. If you just want to say your phone is technically superior to the competition then it will fill the purpose nicely, but I don't see how that makes it the better day to day device.

What you say is true, but I'm sure 1 year down the line, the note 2 might get a bit laggy. Yes I really like the Note 2 - Much prefer the screen size + s pen + the removable battery.

I'm just waiting to see what the Nexus 5 has to offer and if HTC plan to offer a One X 5 worldwide with a micro sd card slot + a removable battery.

Caporegime
The GS 2 isn't laggy at all in day to day usage, only in some parts it is a bit more laggy compared to the GS 3, S and X etc. so I am pretty sure that the note II will be more than fine in 1-2 years as well, the only thing that it may struggle with is perhaps the newest demanding games at that stage, but they will really have to be demanding.

Heck even the Galaxy nexus with jellybean is smoother overall than the GS 3 on ICS and the CPU/GPU is worse than the GS 2 CPU/GPU, as I said before we have got enough power these days to run the phones smooth and fast, but in the end it comes entirely down to optimization and software, if that is crap then even phones that have quad S4 etc. are going to run like crap as well.

You can keep hoping for a SD slot on the HTC one X 5 nexus (if it is going to be a nexus device), but it ain't going to happen :p The NS, GN, N7 8GB, 16GB and 32GB don't have it.

Associate
The GS 2 isn't laggy at all in day to day usage, only in some parts it is a bit more laggy compared to the GS 3, S and X etc. so I am pretty sure that the note II will be more than fine in 1-2 years as well, the only thing that it may struggle with is perhaps the newest demanding games at that stage, but they will really have to be demanding.

Heck even the Galaxy nexus with jellybean is smoother overall than the GS 3 on ICS and the CPU/GPU is worse than the GS 2 CPU/GPU, as I said before we have got enough power these days to run the phones smooth and fast, but in the end it comes entirely down to optimization and software, if that is crap then even phones that have quad S4 etc. are going to run like crap as well.

You can keep hoping for a SD slot on the HTC one X 5 nexus (if it is going to be a nexus device), but it ain't going to happen :p The NS, GN, N7 8GB, 16GB and 32GB don't have it.

the attitude of no mSD slot on nexii is the reason i'm not waiting for announcements. no expandable storage = no interest for me. i need more space and "the cloud" doesn't cut it - not without *real* unlimited 4g and it would have to cheap as well as work underground and on planes.

Caporegime
Yeah personally I am not too bothered about a SD slot and limited internal storage, 16GB on my S suits me just fine, I don't store any music on my phone and even if I did, it would only be 2GB :p :o (got google music for this anyway) Most of my storage is used for photos/1080P and slow motion videos as well as emulator ROM files, wallpapers/icons etc. and a few 720P TV episodes.

I could free pretty much all of it up as I back up the photos/videos that I take each day onto my PC.

For my next phone I would like to have at least 32GB, but it isn't a deciding factor for me.

Soldato
You can keep waiting for the next new phone forever tbh. The new nexii in a month, nokia lumia just a bit later, then Apple will add some revolutionary new features to the 5 like iSpleen which will allow you to sell internal organs to keep up with buying the latest 'i' device. The DHD is a great example of this - if you had one now and knew an upgrade was 6m away., you wouldn't be as gutted as if had many of its' peers.

The note is awesome and I have had a great 2 weeks with mine.

Associate
You can keep waiting for the next new phone forever tbh. The new nexii in a month, nokia lumia just a bit later, then Apple will add some revolutionary new features to the 5 like iSpleen which will allow you to sell internal organs to keep up with buying the latest 'i' device. The DHD is a great example of this - if you had one now and knew an upgrade was 6m away., you wouldn't be as gutted as if had many of its' peers.

The note is awesome and I have had a great 2 weeks with mine.

I won't get a non-android phone. Also I won't pick the LG Optimus G or the Padfone 2 over the Note 2 / HTC 5 inch / any other similar spec'd phablet.

All I need is a 5+ inch phablet, fast cpu, and a crisp + clear sreen, preferably a micro sd card slot and a removable battery too. I'll just wait until the 29th, if there's still no news on a 5" Nexus with 32GB internal minimum or a micro sd card slot, or a HTC 5 inch/a similar phablet coming to the UK soon, I'll just go for the Note 2. Only have to wait around 10 days, better than finding out I made a wrong decision afterwards.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not sure what to do...
P4U has note 2 free on O2 24month for 36pounds unlimited text and minutes and 1gb of internet. If you by through quidco, you get 50 or 70 pounds back( forgot how much)
So that is quite a good deal.
Quidco deal finishes in 3 days.

So am tempted...

So above or wait until end of the month and see what Google announces....

Last option is to stock with nexus and go gift gaff for 15 that will give me enough mntes and texts and unlimited internet...

Soldato
Just had a call to confirm payment details for the Note 2 LTE. Seems that it's on its way - finally!

Should arrive Monday, apparently.

Edit: email confirmation of shipping also. Hopefully the rest of you guys wil get the same today.

Last edited:
Soldato
T Mobile “Chat Service” (10:30 today) – I have an order in and have not received a text informing me of shipment…signed in as thinking of joining T Mobile.

You are now connected with Nicole.
Nicole: Hi there, my name is Nicole. I am part of the dedicated T-Mobile Online Sales Team. How can I help you with your new order?

Stephen: Hello, mobile have you got the Note 2 in stock?

Nicole: Hi Stephen
Nicole: I will certainly help you with that
Nicole: Please bear with me while I check that information for you

Nicole: Yes Stephen, right now we do have Samsung galaxy note 2 phone in stock with us

Stephen: T Mobile have said this since the 15th and yet when I phone up there is no stock? Are you shore it’s in and ready to ship?

Nicole: yes, right now its showing in stock with us online

Stephen: And you're confidant that this is for new orders and it will be shipped today if a order it? (sorry to go on but I’ve been told this for days)

Nicole: Stephen, I am part of the dedicated T-Mobile Online Sales Team and right now its showing 2 working days for the delivery of this phone you can confirm this with the customer services if you want as they are the right set of people who helps with the delivery of phone

Stephen: OK, thanks for your help.
Nicole: Thank you for chatting with us. Have a nice day!
Nicole: Bye Stephen

Draw our own conclusions as it’s anyone’s guess when these will be in…

Associate
Same here. Thay just took payment and apparently in stock now. Hmmm
So I went ahead. They didnt even cancel my order. Its ok though I'll allow them. Just hope I never everrrrrr need to contact them due to a problem

Last edited:
Associate
Just had a call to confirm payment details for the Note 2 LTE. Seems that it's on its way - finally!

Should arrive Monday, apparently.

Edit: email confirmation of shipping also. Hopefully the rest of you guys wil get the same today.

Make sure it's the LTE version because on xda somebody posted this "T-Mobile UK SupportVerified ‏@TMobileUKhelp 17h @shirazs It's the Samsung - Galaxy Note II (N7100) that we have. Thanks ^Rory "

Associate
Make sure it's the LTE version because on xda somebody posted this "T-Mobile UK SupportVerified ‏@TMobileUKhelp 17h @shirazs It's the Samsung - Galaxy Note II (N7100) that we have. Thanks ^Rory "

Just called them again, it is the LTE version and if you order it today you'll get it Tuesday..

Might just have to do it

Soldato

The confirmation email says "Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE Titanium", but there is no part number to identify it (N7100 or N7105).

I'll make sure to check it is the LTE version when it arrives though - thanks!

Back
Top Bottom