The **Now Drinking** Thread

Soldato
Just back from the pub (my friend treated me as I have no money :D).

Pint of Guinness followed by a pint of Addlestones. The Addlestones is rocket fuel, but very nice. Much better cider than Magners/Strongbow/Kopperberg/Pulse.

Now just having a can of Speckled Hen. Gotta keep drinking until the heating warms the flat up! ;)

Associate
I got a bottle from the same brewery :D

Is it any good?

Gutted Norway wasn't chosen though as it looked interesting...

My favorite bar had a beer festival from those guys a little while back, they took over most of the pumps and had some limited edition bottles. We tried all except one which was a 10 percent IPA, had to take a bottle of it home. Was a long successful day and a brilliant introduction to the brewery. It was going to be my N entry too, probably everybody's.

It the moment I'm having a Czech lager as I was for the bottles of Punk to chill (3 for 4 at Waitrose).

Soldato
My favorite bar had a beer festival from those guys a little while back, they took over most of the pumps and had some limited edition bottles. We tried all except one which was a 10 percent IPA, had to take a bottle of it home. Was a long successful day and a brilliant introduction to the brewery. It was going to be my N entry too, probably everybody's.

I'm really enjoying it! Sort of like an interesting stout, well worth the gamble.

Soldato
Yea, that Norwegian brewery has put out a bunch of interesting things. They aren't great, by any means, but good nonetheless. Punk IPA ****es all over them!

Having a Triple C, bloody lovely beer. I strongly suggest picking it up, they sell it in Morrison's. Around £1.70 a bottle. Expensive, but hops are!

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
brewdogana.jpg

Gimmicky beer!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
No, it was good! Just that since then 'Triple C' seems to have become a much-loved and inoffensive insult amongst my friends, burgeoning from the one-third-as-bad 'C'; itself a polite way of referring to a complete ****.

Soldato
Woodford Reserve Bourbon. Probably the best bourbon the right side of £40.

No, it was good! Just that since then 'Triple C' seems to have become a much-loved and inoffensive insult amongst my friends, burgeoning from the one-third-as-bad 'C'; itself a polite way of referring to a complete ****.

Ah right, was a bit drunk last night so comprehension skills were lacking! Got another bottle of it in the fridge, will be opened shortly I'm sure!

Soldato
Has been a long week. Poured a large glass of Grosperrin Grande Champagne Cognac, bottled in 1980, to go with a Cohiba Siglo IV that I just lit. Lovely.

Don
Heads Up

Morrisons have started selling King Cobra

any self respecting beer drinker will now be scrabbling for his shoes and wallet :D

It is £5.75 for a 750ml bottle but try it and you will be totally convinced :)

Back
Top Bottom