*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Associate
might be a stupid question, but I'm assuming the larger capacity of this phone isn't going to be released for a while yet, and assuming the LTE version out present is 16GB. Can you actually move apps to the SD Card? or are there certain items which has to run on the internal memory?

Associate
Had the handset for 8 days now and it's beyond Impressive. From the already praised battery to the hand-Writing recog, never mind the speed Of the thing. Samsung really have it nailed with this.

Watching Youtube on one half of the Screen While texting mates on the other will, I feel, never get old!

Without doubt the best handset I've ever used.

Soldato
One thing I found annoying with the Note, it had no way of differentiating your hand from the pen, so if you wanted to right notes, you had to hover your hand in the air while scribbling on the screen. Was I the only one that had this issue? (of course, unless you had it on a desk and could reach over with your hand)

Associate
might be a stupid question, but I'm assuming the larger capacity of this phone isn't going to be released for a while yet, and assuming the LTE version out present is 16GB. Can you actually move apps to the SD Card? or are there certain items which has to run on the internal memory?

Only if the handset is rooted/ flashed. As standard, apps such as app2sd do not work on the Note II and related handsets.

Associate
This phone is absolutely brilliant, just hope the nonsense that has come along with it (being signed up to another contract as well as my upgrade) gets sorted.

I really could stay on the phone all night but I have to be up at 9am for this damn call.

Associate
Got the phone call, they have said they made another line by error and will disconnect the line within the next 5 working days and will notify me when it has been completed.

Will pop to the vodafone store in a bit to get my number into this beast.

Associate
note 2 lte upgrade

I'm a very happy bunny this morning- went into town to get rid of my upgrade bug and walked away with a titanium lte note 2 for my upgrade! I kept on my old web n walk plan which does have a fair use policy but i will be upgrading to a 4g tarrif asap so with the phone offered to me for 0.01p I couldnt resist!!!!

Soldato
I'm a very happy bunny this morning- went into town to get rid of my upgrade bug and walked away with a titanium lte note 2 for my upgrade! I kept on my old web n walk plan which does have a fair use policy but i will be upgrading to a 4g tarrif asap so with the phone offered to me for 0.01p I couldnt resist!!!!

:eek:

Nice one... You're probably one of the first in the country with an LTE version.

Are you sure it's the LTE version? (I suppose it will be if you got it directly from a T-mobile shop).

Associate
I've got a Full Monty sim only at the moment, is it worth getting an LTE model, I've got the non LTE model in possession at the moment and 3G speeds are fine. Upgrading to 4G on my tariff will depend on prices for the 4G services.

Also the dev community is very active for the N7100 model at the moment.

Soldato
I've got a Full Monty sim only at the moment, is it worth getting an LTE model, I've got the non LTE model in possession at the moment and 3G speeds are fine. Upgrading to 4G on my tariff will depend on prices for the 4G services.

Also the dev community is very active for the N7100 model at the moment.

If you already have the 3G version, then it makes sense to at least wait until LTE is available in your area (presumably the 30th if you're in London). That way, you can make a more informed decision based on plan costs and connection speeds.

Associate
:eek:

Nice one... You're probably one of the first in the country with an LTE version.

Are you sure it's the LTE version? (I suppose it will be if you got it directly from a T-mobile shop).

yep defo lte says it on the box and back of case model gt-n7105!!!! I was pretty shocked and more happy when I found I did'nt need to put anything towards the handset!

Associate
Should have waited and signed up in store :(

dont be down on yourself, its so hard to wait! Truth be told, i was just going to get the lte s3 as I just wanted my upgrade asap its just luck that when I asked the guy told me it had just come in!

8105108647_d46022f00d_b.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone using Nova Launcher on their Note II? I may try it out today, I bought it when it was 25p. I don't like the fact the stock launcher only allows 4 icons in a row on such a big screen, the original Note allowed 5.

Any pros or cons for using Nova Launcher on the Note II?

Soldato
yep defo lte says it on the box and back of case model gt-n7105!!!! I was pretty shocked and more happy when I found I did'nt need to put anything towards the handset!

Nicely played! :) I'm green with envy...

And the rest of us mere plebians were forced to pay £129 for a the handset with a Full Monty tariff as well! (though I should get £120 cashback, so it's all good really).

I ordered almost 2 weeks ago, and my handset hasn't even been dispatched yet... Damn my lack of patience :p

Associate
Well, 8th day of ownership for me too, and I must say I think the phone's stunning (previous phone was a HTC Incredible S).

I'm really impressed with:
  • Battery life. Despite heavy usage, it lasts a minimum of a day (which is excellent for such a tech packed phone).
  • Case and screen, both of which appear to be highly scratch resistant. My SGP Oloephobic screen guard's arrived this morning though, and I'll still apply it.
  • General responsiveness of the phone (although it's certainly not entirely stutter free).
  • Multiscreen's a genius feature, however it'll be more useful when more apps support it.
  • S Pen's handy for getting more creative (but I think I have a problem with the top right corner, which was unnoticeable until I used Sketchpad yesterday).
  • As far as I'm aware, there's no way of configuring it as you could with the Note's S Pen. I've tried switching from left-handed to right handed and back, to no avail.
  • Sound quality and volume. Having the extra volume, over my Incredible S, means listening to podcasts in the shower is now much easier.
  • Jelly Bean's excellent (however I've ditched the stock browser after not being able to work out how to quickly insert a comma, question mark or exclamation point).
  • Games looks sharp, and run smoothly.
  • Connection is fast and stable (more so than previous t-mobile contract, despite using in the same post codes as my last phone).

Things I'm not so impressed with:
  • S Pen / Screen Calibration issue (although this is most likely local to my unit only).
  • One handed operation is very difficult, but this is to be expected on a phone with so much screen real-estate.
  • The time it takes to insert punctuation when using stock keyboard.
  • Lock screen options are a little limited for my liking, but I can always use 3rd party launchers and lock-screens if need be.

Providing that sheer mass isn't off putting, I don't think anyone could be disappointed. Samsung really have delivered with this one.

Soldato

0.01p !!!!
where are my pants..am going to the nearest tmobile shop...

Associate
Hi, i am looking to buy a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 sim free / grey, preferably from a UK retailer to receive quickly.

Found Amazon UK @ £522, i have seen people mention to purchase from Amazon.de but currently with conversion it comes to £490+ so not as good as the savings others have seemed to of made purchasing that way.

Anyway before i make a purchase, tomorrow most likely. Does anyone know of any better deals currently available for the sim free version. It would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Back
Top Bottom