*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Don
I think I'm going to get one.
On 3 at the moment and am happy with them as the unlimited data means I never have to worry. £302 to buy out the rest of my contract or £550 sim free. Hmm. Just got to decide which way I want to go.

Soldato
Is it locked to Tmobile tho? Trying to work out if the EE SGN2 will be.

Yes its locked, asks for a pin to unlock...supposedly a tenner to unlock from here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Unlock-CO...me_Phones_Other_Phones_ET&hash=item4abd1c95e3

I think I'm going to get one.
On 3 at the moment and am happy with them as the unlimited data means I never have to worry. £302 to buy out the rest of my contract or £550 sim free. Hmm. Just got to decide which way I want to go.

Man your timing was bad, I had a new one to sell for a lot less than £550 :p

Last edited:
Associate
As much as I love this phone mine will be going back I can't stand the screen! Honestly didn't know having a HOX for the last few months would affect my decision but it has, it simply is not as vibrant, or sharp as the HOX for general stuff, sure the AMOLED screen whoops anything for video playback but I don't really playback videos on my phone.

I will miss it but hoping the next model will have an improved screen.

Associate
Calling all those who have bought a Note 2 LTE from TMobile or Orange (UK).

Is it network unlocked?

Sorry to keep asking but afaik this has not been answered :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato

Is it networked unlocked?

We haven't received the phones yet, so we don't have any more information than you do.

The phones should start arriving from tomorrow morning, so you might get an answer then.

Associate

Is it networked unlocked?

all i can tell you is theres no branding anywhere on the phone or the software side- unfortunately I dont have any micro sims from any other network to try :(

Don
As much as I love this phone mine will be going back I can't stand the screen! Honestly didn't know having a HOX for the last few months would affect my decision but it has, it simply is not as vibrant, or sharp as the HOX for general stuff, sure the AMOLED screen whoops anything for video playback but I don't really playback videos on my phone.

I will miss it but hoping the next model will have an improved screen.

Is it really that different? I have a HOX and an iPhone 4S and to me the screen look to be at least as good. That was only with a few minutes play in a store though.

Soldato
Took mine off charge at 8am this morning at 100% and it is just now down to 5%, I've been out and using it all day. Checking the stats it is showing 6hrs 36m screen time. It can't be said enough times, the battery life is simply phenomenal.

Associate
Yes there is.

From the unboxings of the N7105 I've seen, it has an LTE logo on the box as well as the back of the phone.

This version is currently available on contract from Tmobile UK and PAYG on Orange, the latter of which is showing both white and graphite LTE versions on their website but out of stock and no price.

No other UK supplier is selling the LTE yet, and the fact that Expansys is showing preorder for 32gb and 64gb versions, but not LTE may or may not mean they know something we dont.

So if like me you want it on 3's One plan, and hoping that it can be used next year on 3's 4G network, and 800mhz and 2600mhz bands on other networks, then you are in limbo. We may have to buy it on the international market sim free, or on Orange PAYG and unlock it.

Associate
It really is outstanding, took it off charge yesterday, 23 hours later battery was at 9%. Screen time was showing as 7.5 hours.

Back
Top Bottom