• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD "Never Settle" 12.11 Driver - benchmarks

Soldato
If it doesn't connect (to show results) just copy the link and open in a new tab, does it to me ALL the time for what ever reason.

Edit: never mind getting 500-server error on the 3dm web site.

Soldato
Wow this driver is bad, 3D apps are not loading and get black screen, getting Atimag.sys BSOD, windows lags and 3D clocks are chuffed.

Snap. Hopefully the WHQL has all of these issues sorted.

I just did a 3dmark11 run to make sure everything was back to normal on 12.9 (it is), I got as far as the first few tests on 3dmark11 before it crashed, but hows this for a scale up (i know clocks are different):

12.9 925/1375 = test 1 around 30-45 FPS

12.11 1340/1775 = test 1 around 90 fps!!

Found this on TPU:

AMD's Never Settle Catalyst 12.11 driver will be available as a non-WHQL beta immediately. A WHQL version will follow later on in November.

So are we expecting an 'official' beta today then WHQL later in november or have we had our fill of beta fail until november?

Last edited:
Associate
are these drivers ready to download yet? i just checked and they have 12.10 drivers and 12.11s which are the beta version i thought they were releasing the full version?

Last edited:
Soldato
are these drivers ready to download yet? i just checked and the 12.10 drivers and 12.11s are the beta version i thought they were releasing the full version?

When I checked the two pages I linked to above 30mins ago they were showing 12.8 official so it looks like this is it for now.

Caporegime
Ah bummer just started playing l4d2 with some friends, that means ill have to wait an hour or so before i can update! I wanna hear all about these gains in the mean time!

Soldato
release note highlights

FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS OF THE AMD CATALYST 12.11 BETA DRIVER:

This driver introduces significant performance improvements for many games across ALL 28nm AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 Series products: HD 7700, HD7800 and HD7900 products.
Performance Highlights of the AMD CATALYST 12.11 BETA Driver

• 10%-15% more performance in Battlefield 3 in most cases
    • More than 20% in certain missions and sequences (Comrades)
  • Up to 7% more performance in Metro 2033
  • Up to 10% more performance in DIRT Showdown
  • Up to 8% more performance in Sleeping Dogs
  • Up to 12% more performance in Civilization V
  • Up to 10% more performance in StarCraft II
  • Up to 8% more performance in Sniper Elite: V2
Resolved issue highlights of AMD Catalyst™ 12.11 Beta

• Resolves performance issues (where GPU activity runs at lower values than expected) seen on the AMD Radeon HD 7870
  • AMD Catalyst Mobility 7970M performance for AMD Enduro™ Technology supported platforms has been substantially improved for DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 applications. An updated driver for 7970M users featuring AMD Enduro™ Technology with additional DirectX 9 performance improvements will be released soon.
    • 3DMark Vantage – Up to 15%
    • 3DMark 11 – Up to 12%
    • AvP – Up to 11%
    • Battlefield 3 – Up to 25%
    • Crysis 2: Up to 45%
    • DiRT Showdown – Up to 62%
    • ETQW – Up to 8%
    • Hard Reset – Up to 8%
    • Just Cause 2 – Up to 90%
    • The Chronicles of Riddick – Up to 4%
    • Shogun 2 – Up to 56%
    • Sniper Elite V2 – Up to 60%
    • Tom Clancy’s HAWX – Up to 56%
    • Unigine Heaven – Up to 33%
    • Wolfenstein – Up to 9%

full notes http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalystSoftwareSuiteVersion1211BetaReleaseNotes.aspx

Back
Top Bottom