Borderlands 2 release date confirmed ( Launch trailer also )

it's difficult to have a hybrid zero, you need to be all melee or get some awesome guns. if you look on the gearbox forums there are vids of how it can be played melee only and when you get it and it goes right it's mega. however it isn't easy. if you can chain deception for 7 or 8 guys then camp = cleared. then it's either mop up, so find cover and wait for deception to come back or go punch them in the face anyway.
Yeah, i'm trying to level up the middle column. It's going alright, not sure it might be worth it in the long run though

Permabanned
I must be the only one then...

I have absolutely zero (excuse the pun) in the sniper or melee columns.

Completely focused on the middle column. Zer0 is an absolute machine, love him!

Soldato
Just finished the core game with Axton, Level 34, 54 Hours played. Really, really good.

Just starting Captain Scarlett. I plan to run through playthrough 2 when I have completed all the DLC's. Does anyone know if this is the right way to do this?

Soldato
i'd tell you how to do it, but then you'd say i'm being boring or writing a diary/ lieing... talking BS and never played even the 1st game. :mad::mad:

ok this is how i do it as Zero, you see him, get the gun out, move closer, throw out the decoy, you then charge at him and let rip at close range... you can still see him if he's invisable because the shield damage shows up quite a lot, you chase after him fire again..... you've now hit him maybe 40 times with 22000 damage, you then switch to a shotgun, you have to get seriously vicious with him, you can not stand back; he'll kill you every time.

this will take 3 attempts or more to work, but dieing 3 times like this is nothing, a BULL****TER has an easy time of it, no i tell you when i'm no good at something for sure, because some areas of this game i cant even win or take 3 hours to do so, so i'm deffo not lieing.

he's dead easy compared to the 5th bandit arena fight, i've no idea how to win this, that's why i've restarted the game as Gunzerker.

... sorry, I think we have completely different definitions of the word 'easy'.

it's difficult to have a hybrid zero, you need to be all melee or get some awesome guns. if you look on the gearbox forums there are vids of how it can be played melee only and when you get it and it goes right it's mega. however it isn't easy. if you can chain deception for 7 or 8 guys then camp = cleared. then it's either mop up, so find cover and wait for deception to come back or go punch them in the face anyway.

I'm not sure it works at all tbh. Hybrid that is. In the sense that you can actually see the advantage of using both ranged and melee rather than essentially forcing yourself to use both. I have done melee zer0 and it is hilarious. With my Gunzerker having completed PT2 I've just got him a lvl50 Law and Order combo too so the shield itself isn't a major weakness and the gun can do some damage and when we did PT1 I specced it for most of the second half of the game before trying Sniper again.

Problem with the deception chaining is a number of enemies survive it and Badass in particular can't be 1 shot. Goliaths have a habit of being hit in the head and taking 0 damage and the Scavengers seem to be indestructible from behind with melee too. This is with a +6 Killing Bl0w +5 Backstab +44% melee damage class mod (+1100% damage to enemies below 25% health is funny). I think without the Law/Order combo melee is nigh impossible. It is quite funny being able to slash things constantly while being shot at because your melee attack heals you massively each hit since without it you'd have to stay at range and weaken everything before you tried to deception chain.

One thing I realised as well. The Rising Sh0t buff is absolutely useless so I think I'll be changing that to the exploding holo decoy. With the Law having a RoF of ~19 per second the stacks diminish before you can even hit anything again. It could help with stripping shields off enemies if they're close enough so could be quite effective.

No m8..do you have it? and can I copy it? :)

You're going to copy it? Why not just hack it yourself and get the cheating over with?

Last edited:
Soldato
Peeps on gearbox forum are saying to max out cunnign then add sniping tree. Im giving it a bash now, see if it helps at all.

I've not tried out the Kunai skill at all but it does seem like it has potential. Though with only 5-6 seconds in Deception it could be tricky. Still, probably better than the Critical Ascensi0n skill. His sniper tree seems to be really lacking compared to some of the skills other classes have. It has a few good skills on T2/3 but the amount of crit damage you get extra from aiming down the sites seems really low, the hipfire one seems more of a nice bonus than something to aim for and Crit Ascensi0n degens too fast to be of any use compared to the sheer power you can get from Overkill on the Gunzerker. So using Cunning w/ Sniping or Bloodshed w/ Cunning seems to be the best bet.

Soldato
I've not tried out the Kunai skill at all but it does seem like it has potential. Though with only 5-6 seconds in Deception it could be tricky. Still, probably better than the Critical Ascensi0n skill. His sniper tree seems to be really lacking compared to some of the skills other classes have. It has a few good skills on T2/3 but the amount of crit damage you get extra from aiming down the sites seems really low, the hipfire one seems more of a nice bonus than something to aim for and Crit Ascensi0n degens too fast to be of any use compared to the sheer power you can get from Overkill on the Gunzerker. So using Cunning w/ Sniping or Bloodshed w/ Cunning seems to be the best bet.

Yeah ive gone Cunnign with Sniper, tbh its a huuuuuge improvement. I cant aim for sausages but i live forever and Death Bl0ss0m is crazy good.

Soldato
I seem to be finding loads more Purple and blue weapons and shields with my second character. I found very few with Axton but this time I have like 4 or 5 decent guns at level 11 with Maya.

Actually really enjoying playing through again, but don't know if I cba going all the way to 50 again.

Associate
been also trying to get conference call probably killed the warrior about 200 times with no joy, i have got 2 legendaries so far a shield and a sniper but not the damned shotgun!

will keep trying tonight and if no more luck i will lever a second character and try and get it with that one!

tis getting a little frustrating trying to get it legitimately!

Dru

Dru

Associate
If you're farming the warrior after already beating the storyline mission where you kill him I'd almost say it's pointless trying to get a conference call off him. He has a significantly better chance of dropping legendaries when you kill him in the story (proof of this is all over the gearbox forums).

I personally have a save just after killing him in the story so that I can just press the moonshot button to finish the job and check the floor for loot. I find I can get some kind of legendary almost every run, vs getting maybe a handful in a ton of runs.

Associate
hmm interesting and annoying at the same time lol. i have killed the warrior in pt1 and pt2.5 and neither time did i get a legendary!

guess its either farming or trading for me then...

Soldato
No m8..do you have it? and can I copy it? :)
with Zero yes, but my gaming rig isn't online and i'm not sure what you mean by copy it...... Zero only uses it to shoot down buzzards so i might trade it in later on, because i cant see myself gaming with Zero ever again... simply because Gunzerker is as good with a sniper as Zero is.

the Conference Call is only mega brilliant in Zoom, it isn't anywhere near as good as my other Shottys at close range (Zero) .. no point farming Warrior for guns, he only drops good gear once, but he does drop loads of money/ Eridian and other special skill stuff you can sell, so he is still very good for farming, you only have to kill him 3 times to get about 600 000 dollars !

the shotty you're after is the AI TALKING GUN, get that at level 50, leave the side mission on the floor dont collect it from the Top Loader, that Shotty if it scales up to level 50 ok, is close to Conference Call, my 1st one lasted about 10 levels.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom