Microsoft Surface RT Priced

Caporegime
Thing is there is no confusion, they are late in shipping that's it, its their own confusion the bunch of monkeys.

Saying that I'm happy with my £50 voucher as I was going to get a touch cover in red when its available.

Well they're not really, it's always said shipping on the 26th.
But seems I'm the only person to actually read that :p

Caporegime
Nope, it actually says in the confirmation email "delievered by the 26th" and also said that during the checkout process.

Then that's wrong.
On the site it has always, ever since they went up for pre-order said shipping 26th for 30th delivery for the UK.

Coincidence it's happened? I think not.

EDIT:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/10/16/article-2218462-15887611000005DC-363_634x383.jpg (Here's the screenshot, had to find it on Dailymail's site, couldn't find it elsewhere)

Last edited:
Associate
Caporegime
And today is the 26th.
And says delivery by the 30th.

Ergo, not delayed.

It's shipped for the 26th to arrive by the 30th.

To me it seems they've done exactly what it's been stating since they went up, I don't see the confusion or delay.

Associate
And today is the 26th.
And says delivery by the 30th.

Ergo, not delayed.

It's shipped for the 26th to arrive by the 30th.

To me it seems they've done exactly what it's been stating since they went up, I don't see the confusion or delay.

Defend them all you want but the release day for Surface was the 26th and it's the 26th, yet no one has one.

They were late shipping them, there's no excuse for that.

Man of Honour
Defend them all you want but the release day for Surface was the 26th and it's the 26th, yet no one has one.

Rofl, the release date is the 26th, the device has officially launched. If your spin America you can go to an ms store and buy it.

You just need to read, the image clearly says delibered for 30th, it's not the 30th yet.

Those who got the delivered by 26th emails can complain, anyone else can't, well not untill end of day on the 30th,

Soldato
I've got absolutely nothing that explicitly says it was guaranteed to arrive today.

The problem is they didn't match the expectation. And they've recognised that and given out £50 credit.

It was a nice surprise to be honest.

Associate
Rofl, the release date is the 26th, the device has officially launched. If your spin America you can go to an ms store and buy it.

You just need to read, the image clearly says delibered for 30th, it's not the 30th yet.

Those who got the delivered by 26th emails can complain, anyone else can't, well not untill end of day on the 30th,

That would be everyone then.

Caporegime

They weren't late shipping at all, it says shipping for the 26th, it is the 26th and they've shipped.
I'm not defending them, I'm just correcting you.

Associate
They weren't late shipping at all, it says shipping for the 26th, it is the 26th and they've shipped.
I'm not defending them, I'm just correcting you.

It says by the 26th, not for.

And regardless of the dates given on the site, when they announce a product release date, you expect to be able to actually have one on that day, not have it shipped that day.

Microsoft should have announced a delay for everywhere but America, they didn't. Instead they left their customers in the cold.

Caporegime
I don't care what your expectations are, they've done as they said they would.
The fact it's taken till the last day is irrelevant.

They didn't leave anyone in the cold, it's always said delivery by the 30th.

Are you being purposely dense?

EDIT : Although, I do agree with you, I think they should have had it shipped and to be delivered for the 26th, but I didn't pre-order one, as I have no intention of paying that much for a Tegra 3 device :p

Last edited:
Associate
I don't care what your expectations are, they've done as they said they would.
The fact it's taken till the last day is irrelevant.

They didn't leave anyone in the cold, it's always said delivery by the 30th.

Are you being purposely dense?

They haven't done as they said they would though, as I said before the email says delivered by the 26th, so which date do you believe? The 26th or 30th? or even possibly Nov 2nd? They have so many dates flying around, who knows which one is correct.

I think the fact they have given out £50 vouchers shows they are admitting they have made a balls up.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The UK one has ALWAYS said by the 30th on site, the E-mails could have been a US template or something.

The 50 pound voucher, I don't know why they've given it out, perhaps to make up for the bending over and railing they've given UK customers?

Associate
but I didn't pre-order one

So you don't know what you're talking about then. You've not gone through the order process and entered into a contract to purchase one.

The UK one has ALWAYS said by the 30th on site, the E-mails could have been a US template or something.

The 50 pound voucher, I don't know why they've given it out, perhaps to make up for the bending over and railing they've given UK customers?

If someone has ordered and actually went beyond the front page and had confirmation (i.e. entered into a contract with them) it would be delivered by 26/10/2012 I can't see how that can be misinterpreted.

That's the reasonable expectation that EDDS is saying MS has not fulfilled, and that they've messed customers around by changing dates, giving conflicting dates etc.

Caporegime
Well, anyone could have seen the shipping by the 26th for delivery for the 30th that was on the page, I don't need to pre-order it to see that.

The fact it's playing at that way would mean it's right, so you can get stuffed with the "You don't know what you're on about as you didn't pre-order one".

I've never once said you didn't get that date from the E-mail, but the site has always said by the 30th.
I get it, you're annoyed, get over it.

Associate
Well, anyone can see the shipping by the 26th for delivery for the 30th that was on the page, I don't need to pre-order it to see that.

That's not the contract though. I'm not disputing what was on that page.

The contract, the order confirmation, proof of purchase, call it what you will clearly stated "delivered by 26/10/2012", and that overrides anything else. After all MS promised it in the confirmation mails, no one else did.

Had it mirrored what was said on the product page then it wouldn't have been an issue, people would have expected them to start shipping on the 26th and receive them by 30th. It didn't.

I just don't know why you don't think that's a failure on their part. I guess you're happy when you pay for next day delivery if it turns up within 28 days?

Associate
Well, anyone could have seen the shipping by the 26th for delivery for the 30th that was on the page, I don't need to pre-order it to see that.

The fact it's playing at that way would mean it's right, so you can get stuffed with the "You don't know what you're on about as you didn't pre-order one".

I've never once said you didn't get that date from the E-mail, but the site has always said by the 30th.
I get it, you're annoyed, get over it.

Not really annoyed. Half expected really, I did post this the other day ;)

The website was originally "ship by 26/10 for delivery by 30/10". And the order confirmation said "for delivery by 26/10".

There was a mess up at the weekend when they mailed to say it had changed to 02/11 which was later rescinded. However the order status never changed back to 26/10.

All orders are now indicating 1-2 weeks on the website, which I guess is for the 64GB models as the others are out of stock.

26/10, 30/10, 02/11, 1-2 weeks. Take your pick...

Caporegime
I think it's pretty pathetic on their site, but given I've only seen that 26th/30th thing and it's coming true, I have no reason at all to think they've delayed or anything, as far as I care they've gone as planned.

I think it's a failure that they expect you to wait an extra 4 days, they should have it delivered for the 26th.

That said, when a new CPU/GPU comes out, you get it next day if there's stock.

The way I see it, there's no delay, but they've mixed up dates when they've E-mailed.

Although ;

I guess you're happy when you pay for next day delivery if it turns up within 28 days?

How on Earth did you extrapolate that? Your delivery was free, it's not the same situation at all.
If I paid next day delivery for something, if it didn't arrive next day I'd have rang up and been getting my postage refund, and then seeing on how long delivery takes, cancel my order.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom