***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Man of Honour
I've just read all of the reviews and they seem a bit all over the place.

Some say the camera is awesome - and there are some incredible samples, others say it's quite average.

Some say the battery life is a joke, others say it's one of the best around, especially on LTE.

Strange. Perhaps there are some dodgy units around.

Associate
It's the same with all big nokia releases though, they seem to 'rush' or 'run out of time on developing the software for the phones. There's always major errors . but they do sort them out over time.

I remember my N8, it was shockingly bad for the first month or so with its unstable operating system but they released the massive fix for it soon after

Associate
I've just read all of the reviews and they seem a bit all over the place.

Some say the camera is awesome - and there are some incredible samples, others say it's quite average.

Some say the battery life is a joke, others say it's one of the best around, especially on LTE.

Strange. Perhaps there are some dodgy units around.

This is the best review of the camera yet. Compared against the 808 which is the best camera phone right now. The 920 is marked as being the second best.

http://allaboutwindowsphone.com/features/item/16087_PureView_shootout_Nokia_808_vs.php

This one also compares against iPhone 5 and they have no complaints. Although they are a bunch of wimps if they can't hold the phone with one hand. I used to own a Nokia 9210 communicator and that is much heavier and I used to hand hold that.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/review/6042/nokia-lumia-920-windows-phone-review

Associate
Are EE stores and P4U just selling sim free stock from today then?

I'm due my upgrade and just wondered if i can upgrade to a 920 today?

Doubtful. It looks as if we'll be waiting until next week. Unless of course it's just the EE contract phones that have been delayed, but that really wouldn't make much sense.

Andy, when are you supposed to be picking it up?

Associate
On Twitter P4U are now saying sim-free available from Monday, which is in line with their previous "Friday earliest, Monday latest," right??? So is it possible it's just the EE contract phones that are delayed? Who knows. Nokia, P4U and EE have been nothing short of useless.

Associate
Doubtful. It looks as if we'll be waiting until next week. Unless of course it's just the EE contract phones that have been delayed, but that really wouldn't make much sense.

Andy, when are you supposed to be picking it up?

Ordered mine on EE 30th, order processed yesterday but it hasn't shipped. Other postings on the interweb suggest it is shipping on the 9th.

Associate
Cheers, i assume most new phones use those nowadays then? Time to sort myself a £20-25pm cheaper contract! :p

Yeah, micro sim was/is starting to become a standard and then Apple went and put a nano sim in the new iPhone 5 so that may turn out to be the next standard! :p

Associate
Ordered mine on EE 30th, order processed yesterday but it hasn't shipped. Other postings on the interweb suggest it is shipping on the 9th.

Ordered mine same day, but had to ring them to confirm addresses so they processed it, including ID Checks, for me at the same time. They also confirmed on that stock would be allocated as soon as available and they were expecting it on 9/11. Also, advised that it would be UKMail and I'd receive an SMS in advance.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
Are EE stores and P4U just selling sim free stock from today then?

I'm due my upgrade and just wondered if i can upgrade to a 920 today?

Just spoke to P4U, they have had there delivery today for today but no Lumia 920. As they where very abrupt on the phone I am going to cancel it and order it from ze Germans! :D

Back
Top Bottom