GMail - removing thousands of Emails

Soldato
I dont have a clue as to anywhere else to ask this, but...

My GMail account.

I didnt actually notice this, until I bought myself a new smart phone and as it turns out, I have 134 thousand emails

Yeah, like as if!

I use Thunderbird to do my emails, and they dont show up, but using the Mobile and the web mail way they do... Or rather I can see page at a time of them.

The thing is, that I have been selecting all and then trashing the lot, but it only does a page at a time, and I have been at it for days on and off now and I have got it down from 140,800 and summat but its very time consuming.

Does anyone know of a way that I can simply trash the lot, or maybe even make the pages show 1000 instead of 50 or 100 ?

Like I said its a GMail account.

Associate
When I press the select button near the dropdown box under the search bar, and select all, I get a message telling me "All 100 conversations on this page are selected. Select all 18636 conversations in All Mail"

At which point I can click "Select all 18636 conversations in All Mail" and select everything.

edit : this is on the website.

Soldato
Welcome to gmail "All Mail" which holds a copy of every message ever received ever, even those that are trashed. Remember, gmail doesn't actually have a delete button as such, trash is just their way of saying "Archive"

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
Welcome to gmail "All Mail" which holds a copy of every message ever received ever, even those that are trashed. Remember, gmail doesn't actually have a delete button as such, trash is just their way of saying "Archive"

A deleted Gmail message goes to Trash and is kept for 30 days. A deleted message is not an archived message. They are different.

Soldato
After 30 days, they move to the All Mail folder. That's where they then have retention. It's the soul reason that the gmail app on Apple products (for instance) doesn't ever say "Delete", it says "Archive"

Associate
Mine are definitely deleted. - Yeah there are thousands of them, but I chose to leave them on the server so that my Android phone and Outlook would both have a copy.

Outlook will quite happily hoover the lot if you let it, leaving nothing on the webmail server.

Associate

“Archive” the trash for 30 days only.If you'd like you can select all and remove them immediately. I never seen the copy of every message.Where are them? ;)
Installing Norton 360

Back
Top Bottom