Led Zeppelin - Celebration Day

Man of Honour
I had 3 DVD bootlegs of it the week after it happened.
I just hope Plant went back in the studio to redo his vocals because he was awful for most of it.
I'll still buy it though since I've bought everything they've ever done since I first heard them in 1971.

Soldato
Thread resurrection - Looking forward to this, pre ordered a 2cd+DVD, looks like they've re-dubbed / tweaked it quite a bit going by the Kashmir preview that's floating around.

Associate
Having been at the gig and watched it at the cinema, I thought Plant's vocals were good.

It was Page's occasionally suspicious guitar work I noticed.

Soldato
Saw this at the cinema. First few songs it was cringeworthy but funny, and then it just got boring. Sorry.

Jimmy Paige looks like a tool when he's playing. Bonham's son should have taken far fewer bows (albeit an amazing player in his own right), wish he'd just get off the stage and stayed off at the end, let the three originals stay up there.

Led Zepellin are always just going to be one of those bands I 'get', but mainly the 'get' usually turns out to follow with '...a headache from' whenever I go out of my way to listen to them.

I think it might be the re-masters that put me off....

Man of Honour
The last time I went to the pictures was to see Godzilla.

celebrationday.jpg

Ooh, coincidence, Godzilla's theme tune was Kashmir.

Man of Honour
Just got back from watching it at the cinema and it was/is awesome.
For 99% of the show Plant is on form and Jones & Bonham are faultless.
Page on the other hand (for me) has always struggled playing live but he was still excellent.
The look on Bonham's face is awesome and a dream come true to play with his Dad's old band.

Back
Top Bottom