Spec me a 50"+ TV

Soldato
Hi chaps,

I'm in the market for a new TV. A local shop was trying to push the Samsung ps51 e6500 but I obviously want to do some research and not pay any attention to what a shop salesman says.

To be honest, I'm thinking LCD is the way to go for the following reasons:

- There's some ambient light in the room (venetian blinds don't cut out all light)
- Power consumption in theory should be much lower

I currently have an old Samsung 42" Plasma and while the picture is great, the colour uniformity is not amazing (I think it's got worse as it's got older). I also want something a bit slimmer so I could maybe mount it to the wall.

Budget around £800 max. I don't really care about 3D or Smart features. I may stretch a little bit further if I have no option, OR drop down to 47".

Advice really appreciated - the last guidance I got here for my surround system was top notch! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
St50 is better at motion as in can do the full 1080p and has only 16ms input in game mode.

samsung is only 900 lines during motion if your playing games in 1080p the tv will hold you back a bit.

I got a 50" st50 and I think it is the best tv for gaming

Associate
St50 is better at motion as in can do the full 1080p and has only 16ms input in game mode.

samsung is only 900 lines during motion if your playing games in 1080p the tv will hold you back a bit.

I got a 50" st50 and I think it is the best tv for gaming

According to HdtvTest
Although the PS60E6500 has a dedicated “Game Mode” buried in the menu, ignore it. When a 60hz signal is input, there’s a semi-hidden “PC” mode which has even lower input lag......................It’s accessed by pressing the SOURCE button, highlighting the HDMI input that your games console is connected to, pressing TOOLS, and changing the label to “PC”. In this setup, input lag was only 16ms ..........

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/samsung-ps60e6500-ps51e6500-201207262022.htm?page=Performance

Associate
Nice one that's a great price.

On hdtv test they were saying that this years samsung/panasonic plasmas are the best tvs ever made.

Yes i know lol
It took me 2 days of reading lots and lots of reviews, 3 trips to tv shops, must;ve changed my mind ten times, the Pannys look good too but it was that price that swung it for me tbh, could have just as easily have bought a Panny :D

Soldato
Yes i know lol
It took me 2 days of reading lots and lots of reviews, 3 trips to tv shops, must;ve changed my mind ten times, the Pannys look good too but it was that price that swung it for me tbh, could have just as easily have bought a Panny :D

I think you made the right choice much better value than the panasonic I think them samsungs were close to £1000 when I looked a few weeks back.

Back
Top Bottom