US election 2012

Soldato
Stuck £10 on the winner of Ohio NOT winning presidential election at 10/1 odds for a laugh. The last time a president won the presidency without Ohio was Kennedy in 1960.

I'm hoping that Romney will take Ohio, but Obama wins overall.

Soldato
Am I delusional or does Obama really not like UK and the Tory party here at all? In this sense presumably Romney would be much better for us.

Soldato
Stuck £10 on the winner of Ohio NOT winning presidential election at 10/1 odds for a laugh. The last time a president won the presidency without Ohio was Kennedy in 1960.

I'm hoping that Romney will take Ohio, but Obama wins overall.
Whoever wins Ohio is going to win the presidency, it's a virtual certainty.

That being said, no Republican has ever won the presidency without carrying Ohio.

Soldato
Am I delusional or does Obama really not like UK and the Tory party here at all? In this sense presumably Romney would be much better for us.

I get the feeling that Obama is quite anti UK. His stance on BP, joint speeches he has given with Cameron. Just doesn't click. Then again Romneys' comment about the Olympics won't endear him to anyway.

Soldato
happened to catch something on ITV ( i know, i feel dirty ) the reporter said he had received a text from t-mobile of all people saying dont go away from polling stations if you are told to because they are closing. sort of like we had 2 years ago. could be some legal vultures looming

Soldato

Obama is criticised as being a celebrity abroad. His quip at Romney was that he congratulated Mitt on not having the same issue.

Basically, whatever we think of Obama, Romney's even less popular. If the world voted, Obama would win.

kd

Soldato

I get the feeling that Obama is quite anti UK. His stance on BP, joint speeches he has given with Cameron. Just doesn't click. Then again Romneys' comment about the Olympics won't endear him to anyway.

I think that Obama realises that the UK isn't a huge major player in the World anymore. Apart from wars, there isn't really any need to have such a special relationship that Bush/Blair had.
I don't think that a Romney presidency would be any better for us than an Obama one. I'm not sure what you think that they could offer that would make it better for us.

Soldato
Well, Romney is likely to be confrontational and will need an ally in Europe. Obama is an apologist and distances himself from unions and instead cosies up to everyone.

I dont know much about the policies, but to me Obama is a sleezy liar who bluffed his way to power in the first place (Romney could be a catastrophe) but the lies spun by Obama in the first place were horrific.

He promised wholesale change in a bankrupt country... how did anyone believe that?!

Back
Top Bottom