Microsoft Surface RT Priced

Associate
Prices from Microsoft are £9 a month or £90 a year.

Hopefully it will do well so they keep it well supported, there's lots of annoying bugs in the current app which need sorting and I'd love it if they could improve things like smart DJ.

Soldato
I have just checked my bank account and see that Microsoft still haven't charged me for my Surface but have charged me for the VGA dongle which were both part of the same order. Has anybody else had payment issues?

Associate
I got mine Thursday and they aint even charged my card yet. it actually said out of stock for 2 weeks and it just turned up out the blue 2 days later

btw Cpl question I have 50gb music on my pc its somehow managed to sync it all to my surface rt with 32gb of ram with 22gb left how can this be?

also when they sorting out blu ray triple copy codes working with media player ?

Last edited:
Soldato
I got mine Thursday and they aint even charged my card yet. it actually said out of stock for 2 weeks and it just turned up out the blue 2 days later

btw Cpl question I have 50gb music on my pc its somehow managed to sync it all to my surface rt with 32gb of ram with 22gb left how can this be?

also when they sorting out blu ray triple copy codes working with media player ?

Who delivered yours to the door do you know?

Associate
it was UPS from Germany, I checked and it still says 3 weeks delivery lol

regards the memory my pc was at home switched off and the surface was at work. edit just realised it used some cloud account that must be setup automatically and uploaded them

Last edited:
Associate
It's only free with unlimited streaming for 6 months, after that you are limited to 10 hours a month IIRC.

That's... not so great. Well they'd better hurry up and fix how well it does local/network files. I'm still liking the service but I'd want it to perform a little better for the money (ie fix the obvious bugs, improve the complexity of things like smart dj etc).

Soldato
SO checking with the UPS site it says they tried on Friday at about 3 o'clock, but I was in all day and heard nothing and their was no note left, on their site it says they will make a second attempt on Monday.

Do they usually not leave a note, as im wondering whats going on now.

Associate
So basically the surafce could turn up at any time without warning.

It seems that even when it said "3 weeks to ship" anyone who ordered seemed to get it after about 7 days but with no warning!

And it may come from somewhere outside the UK.

I placed my order last Monday so I'm hoping it may turn up this week coming based on you guys here who ordered a week ago and got it already!

Soldato
O ordered on teh 31st, the actualy wording is that it will arrive WITHIN 3 weeks, not over 3 weeks.

But even so how the hell did they get one to my door, O order on the 31st at 21:13, and they where apparently at my door in Belfast at 3pm on the Friday!?

Back
Top Bottom