Most ridiculous lack of customer service you've encountered?

Soldato
EE after the last week

To cut a long story short - Bought phone last Tuesday, 7 phone calls to customer service, 2 visits to an EE store, approx 6 hours of my time wasted and I have a working phone 8 days later!

Associate
Eon - spent a year telling them thay had the wrong name/account at our old flat , 9 people out to check the meter ,2 managers to come and inspect to be told that the account at our adress was for a house in liverpool

according to them said house had the same name

Soldato
O2, Virgin media, Vodafone (upgrading in store is a pain), Microsoft windows support, a bar in tranmere and another in swindon that ignored me categorically for 10 mins trying to get a drink because I wouldn't butt in.

Soldato
Overclockers.

Radeon x800 with a wrongly fitted 9800 Pro fan attached blew up, 18 months of no contact & multiple phone calls to trading standards...I get a new x800!

This was whenever WoW was released, loads of perfect purchases & support since then!

Soldato
EDF decided to change my electric and gas with out my permission, first I knew about was when current service provider sent a letter saying sorry you're leaving!!

I'd filled one of these forms in on the high street to see how much you could save, and cancelled within the cooling of period by writing to them, they even acknowledged receipt by ringing me and trying to persuade me to take the offer.

Cue nightmare of juggling 2 energy companies against each other for 2 whole months in limbo.

Associate
I finally crack and say to the checkout guy "Excuse me, whilst your colleague is resolving this issue could you not jump on to one of the other tills (there were 4 free) and start serving us?" He looks at me blankly then just ignores me.

You do realise they will have log-ons for the tills, and can probably only be logged onto one at a time, and due to the fact there was a transaction being processed at the time he couldn't log off of one to log on to another don't you?

When working on a till there is nothing worse than some know-it-all thinking they are being clever by shouting things like that out.

For me it has to be Yodel, spend an hour on hold only to be cut off rinse and repaet until eventually someone answers and call you a liar

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
NTL about ten+ years ago. Rang at 4:15pm; 'you are in a queue' etc. Left the phone on speaker repeating the on hold message/music and briefly got on with life. At 5pm the message changed to 'you have called outside of operating hours'. No I ****ing didn't!

Associate
Worst currently is Tesco.
Pre-ordered Assassins Creed 3 on 27th October, not delivered and showns as 'item awaiting dispatch' on my account.
Emailed complaint on 5th November, reply received on 7th November 'please ring 0800xxxxxxx to speak to us.
Ring them, told 'you must wait until 14th November then we will re-order or you can cancel'
I point out that they are claiming it's in the post, it isn't it's still awaiting dispatch. Same outcome 'wait til 14th and ring back'. Not a chance thanks for wasting my time goodbye.
Sends email to Tesco CEO to complain, 8th November receive 'we are looking into your complaint' email.
Will be 10th November tomorrow, item still shows awaiting dispatch :mad:

Soldato
Telecoms companies are the worst. In Britain it was NTL - spectacularly bad service. I should have known what was coming when it took them 3 attempts just to keep the appointment to install the cable. It went downhill from there.

Here in the US, AT&T are just as bad. They make it absolutely impossible to pay your bill on-line (it's hidden, it doesn't work, it's confusing, etc) so you call to pay instead - "certainly sir, there's a $5 fee for doing it over the phone". :mad:

Soldato
Barclays; my card got compromised and used fraudulently online. I went to a branch to get a new one and they refused to issue a new one on the grounds that their systems should stop it from ever happebing again! After 15 minutea of arguing i picked up the manger's scissors, cut the card in half and told him to order me a new one.

Barclays; i was dealing with probate which had been left for 6 years and was trying to get barclays to tell me a joint account balance at the date of death. 6 months of tooing and frowing with customer support because instore could do anything. About 48 houra of being on hold or trying to find someone to help me in a department and finally someone says that there is a bereavement department who will help me and gives me the numbet. 6 months and hundrerds of phone calls to get the nimber for the beareavement dept at barclays!

Soldato
BT by a long way.

Our HomeHub is Intermittently playing up and givings DSN errors, but only over the wireless connection, an either net cable works fine. Trying to get BT to admit to a problem is like trying to get blood out of a stone. Their customer support staff are some of smuggest ***** I have ever had the displeasure of trying to contact.

Man of Honour
Cosmo restaurant in Swindon. Some might say that's what you get for choosing to go in to a cheap Chinese buffet place, but it was beyond dreadful. We walked out before we'd even sat down.

Back
Top Bottom