*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Associate
Does anyone use their Note 2 as an alarm clock?

I am having major issues with all my alarms not going off in the morning and making me late for work!!

I seem to remember having the exact same issue on an S2 I briefly owned 18 months ago.

This is a serious problem and can't believe Samsung can't create an alarm that works!!

Failed me once, not sure if I set it for the day before, but pretty sure it said 'Alarm set in 5 hours'

Don't know what's up with it, I mean on Wednesday it didn't even go off in the morning.

Any good clock apps that I can grant admin access to, or don't I need to?

I need a clock that doesn't need to be open in the apps for the alarm to work.

But for the other 4 days it has been fine.

Soldato
Got my Note2 today, couldn't resist any longer. Only problem so far is touchwiz often crashes if I try to open or close a folder on the homescreen. Not fussed anyway, they're fugly :D. My iPhone4 looks so small now it's crazy.

Associate
Does anyone use their Note 2 as an alarm clock?

I am having major issues with all my alarms not going off in the morning and making me late for work!!

I seem to remember having the exact same issue on an S2 I briefly owned 18 months ago.

This is a serious problem and can't believe Samsung can't create an alarm that works!!

You don't have the 'Blocking' feature activated do you. This does have the ability to silence alarms

Soldato
Any opinions on the pitfalls of buying one from eBay at £420 (unlocked), shipped from Hong Kong? The seller has good feedback and it's cheap enough to write off the likely difference in resale value for not having an LTE version.

I'm thinking that one of these plus a SIM only plan from three at a tenner a month is a pretty good saving over 24 months. It's coming to in the region of £30/month on contract (including cashback), while this would work out at £25/month including cashback on the SIM.

Soldato
Anyone overclocked their Note 2 to 1.8ghz? Few questions :

Any stability issues?
Did you need to increase cpu voltage for 1.8ghz?
Which kernel allows oc?

I am rooted atm on the latest stock jelly bean. Would I simply flash the kernel via odin on pc?

Soldato
Any opinions on the pitfalls of buying one from eBay at £420 (unlocked), shipped from Hong Kong? The seller has good feedback and it's cheap enough to write off the likely difference in resale value for not having an LTE version.

I'm thinking that one of these plus a SIM only plan from three at a tenner a month is a pretty good saving over 24 months. It's coming to in the region of £30/month on contract (including cashback), while this would work out at £25/month including cashback on the SIM.

If you trust it, then go for it. I paid £510 from phones4u and I don't care in the slightest - the phone is amazingly good. I think of it as a sat nav too so there's a good amount of the cost already covered :)

£12 giff gaff for me :)

Soldato

Any stability issues?
Which kernel allows oc?

I am rooted atm on the latest stock jelly bean. Would I simply flash the kernel via odin on pc?

im curious to know about this aswell

Soldato

Any stability issues?
Which kernel allows oc?

overclock :eek:, isn't it fast enough already :D

Associate
It's on every version, the multi-tasking. You just have to do a software update - pretty obvious on how to do one, just find it in the settings.

The GT7105 (LTE) has less support for the different rooting tweaks you can do. I think it doesn't have a radio either. But apart from that, all the versions in the UK are exactly the same, spec + standard software wise.

Back
Top Bottom