Arrested for posting pictures

Man of Honour
Don't be absurd. Protecting moral standards in society is hugely important - the guy is a complete ****. As soon as we allow things like this to pass, you end up with places like Westboro Baptist Church picketing the funerals of dead soldiers and breaking no laws. As a society we should stand up for what is right.

But offense is completely subjective.

http://www.thatvideosite.com/v/2822

Soldato
is there a new crime now call 'Bell Endery' that you can be arrested for ?

All this geeser is guilty of is being a prize bell end, nothing more, nothing less, certainly not worth expedning police time and resource on nicking him.

Soldato
Don't be absurd. Protecting moral standards in society is hugely important - the guy is a complete ****. As soon as we allow things like this to pass, you end up with places like Westboro Baptist Church picketing the funerals of dead soldiers and breaking no laws. As a society we should stand up for what is right.

You sound no different to the Pakistan Taliban when they were justifying shooting that girl. They were just upholding "moral" values in their society.

So you see it can go both ways, you fear Westboro Baptist Church who are disgusting but otherwise harmless wackos whereas I fear 'social values' being enforced legally and through force which ultimately leads to oppression.

Caporegime

Define 'what is right'.

Soldato

Nice try. How about you quote me properly next time?

We are in danger of becoming leftwing fascists at this rate.

becoming = something that you currently aren't

fas·cism   [fash-iz-uhm] Show IPA
noun
( sometimes initial capital letter ) a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism

..looks like we're heading that way to me. If arresting poppy burners isn't "forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism" I don't know what is.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Protecting moral standards in society is hugely important

I think it is morally wrong to inflict ones morals upon someone else.
If I disagree with what someone says, or their actions, then it is my problem and I have to deal with it and that goes both ways.

Do you tip-toe around life censoring yourself to such an extent that you suppress your personality in fear of offending someone?

Soldato
You sound no different to the Pakistan Taliban when they were justifying shooting that girl. They were just upholding "moral" values in their society.

So you see it can go both ways, you fear Westboro Baptist Church who are disgusting but otherwise harmless wackos whereas I fear 'social values' being enforced legally and through force which ultimately leads to oppression.

I'm not advocating a totalitarian state - I'm simply saying that the correct action was taken in this case. His behaviour would be morally repugnant to the majority of people in this country, and he is in clear breach of the Communications Act 2003.

We've seen a huge erosion in moral values in this country in the past 100 years - I'm not prescribing state run moral values, but I think there should be action available to the police / CPS in cases of gross moral outrage. The guy peeing on the cenotaph, for example.

Soldato
Nice try. How about you quote me properly next time?

becoming = something that you currently aren't

..looks like we're heading that way to me. If arresting poppy burners isn't "forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism" I don't know what is.
I didn't imply you said we had already become one.

Just that left-wing ideology & fascism are not really compatible, not to mention the only "left wing" political party in the UK is the Green party (Who would actually be more likely to protect free speech).

Permabanned
good people think they can say and do whatever they like.

well that is not the case. see recent twitter arrests, this case etc etc.

Soldato
I'm not advocating a totalitarian state - I'm simply saying that the correct action was taken in this case. His behaviour would be morally repugnant to the majority of people in this country, and he is in clear breach of the Communications Act 2003.

We've seen a huge erosion in moral values in this country in the past 100 years - I'm not prescribing state run moral values, but I think there should be action available to the police / CPS in cases of gross moral outrage. The guy peeing on the cenotaph, for example.

Could you talk me through how you came to the conclusion that it's more moral to kidnap somebody than to burn a poppy please?

Back
Top Bottom