GTA V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I'm guessing it will run at about 30 fps with it dropping to 20-25 in hectic scenes which common for consoles game and great for a GTA game :p

As for the PC version it will be able to run much faster but I doubt it would scale to the norm you see in other consoles vs PC ports as Rockstar really do aim to produce on consoles which probably means porting to PC is actually a bit of a pain.

Soldato
Im really hopeing they have a seperate version in development for the PC with extreme textures,I just find it very weird why Rockstar will not tell us a damn thing,I mean if there isn't going to be a PC version then why not just tell us!

I still think there will be a pc version,but they wont release it until a good 6-12 months after console release,hoping by then a lot of people got fed up with waiting then bought it on console and later will get it on PC too.

Soldato
The map is 5x the size of RDR, going to be awesome. However those screens nearly poked my eyes out, lets hope for a PC version that clears up those jaggies and textures.

Soldato
I wonder why they aren't publicly announcing what they are planning to do with the PC version? Even if it they just say that it will be delayed on PC, do they think it will affect console sales or something not letting PC fans of the game know what the plan is?

Obviously at some point they will spill the beans, but i just don't get why they cant do it now?

Soldato
I wonder why they aren't publicly announcing what they are planning to do with the PC version? Even if it they just say that it will be delayed on PC, do they think it will affect console sales or something not letting PC fans of the game know what the plan is?

PR from devs/publishers seems to have gone noticeably downhill recently imo. Bioware with ME3, Bethesda with Dawnguard for PS3 players are a couple of other examples...info is not getting out quickly or satisfactorily.

Associate
There are lots of statements about how the map is going to be the biggest yet, however there only seems to be references and screenshots of Los Santos and no other islands/locations.

The Los Santos island in San Andreas was pretty small. How do we know when Rockstar say *biggest* they're talking about geometric size, and not content (E.g. V will have the most content yet, packed in to the small Los Santos island).

Permabanned
There are lots of statements about how the map is going to be the biggest yet, however there only seems to be references and screenshots of Los Santos and no other islands/locations.

The Los Santos island in San Andreas was pretty small. How do we know when Rockstar say *biggest* they're talking about geometric size, and not content (E.g. V will have the most content yet, packed in to the small Los Santos island).

They've scaled the island up massively compared to san andreas.

bJN

bJN

Soldato

It isn't a direct port from the original Los Santos; it's been completely reworked in order to resemble Los Angeles more, hence the size of the map will be much large, it will simply feature some familiar sites like Mt Chiliad and the Vinewood sign.

Associate
I've been trying to look for PC sales figures but Rockstar haven't released them. It's estimated they sold 1.5 to 2 million PC copies. Nowhere near as good as their 20 million copies on console ... but don't leave us hanging Rockstar..

Caporegime

LA is a big place.

Soldato
I've been trying to look for PC sales figures but Rockstar haven't released them. It's estimated they sold 1.5 to 2 million PC copies. Nowhere near as good as their 20 million copies on console ... but don't leave us hanging Rockstar..

You can't sell a lot when you hit the market 6 to 12 months later after the initial release, BUT you can still make a profit. Even Alan Wake sold enough it it's first days out to recoup the money spent on porting it. The capitalism spirit should haunt them day and night. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom