***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

Associate
I got all the way to the end, clicked pay, and it had a problem with my billing postcode. Changed that and it spat me out. Gutted! That was first thing this morning, if Ive got nothing in my walllet is it safe to say I wont be getting one?

Associate
Meh, had one in my basket at 08:15 on my iphone whilst doing the school run, then go in to some loop where I entered my shipping address, completed it then it asked for me to add a new shipping address. Decided I'd leave fate to decide on if I'd order one on release date if they were in stock by the time I got to work...they aren't now. Oh well :(

Oh and scalpers suck

Caporegime
http://mashable.com/2012/11/12/nexus-4-review/
"On my iPhone 5, I’m lucky if I can get through 10 hours with heavy to moderate use. With the Nexus 4, I was able to go 14 hours before needing to recharge the phone — and this was with tons of open apps, lots of online communications, tons of data downloads and even some quality time with Grand Theft Auto III."

Completely useless info. by that site just like the rest.

For starters; no screenshots??? What about screen brightness and how long the screen was on for? Wifi or/and mobile data connection? GPS use? Anything syncing? What are these apps that he was using, which remained opened the entire time? Games, file management, media players? He is sort of wrong about that because android doesn't keep every app running in the background (obviously music players etc. will), once you return to the homescreen or go to another app from say a news app, the news app will be essentially suspended, it will stay in the memory (RAM) but won't use any other resources until you return to the app.

So technically it could be viewed as apps being opened.... however, going by what he said, he seems to think it affects battery life, but it really has little to no effect on battery life.

God, it really is unbelievable the amount of people that don't know how to properly test battery life and give the relevant info. even on XDA (where you would think that the members would actually know what to post etc.) at least 80-90% of the people post useless info. only ever post the one screenshot (the usage bar chart for apps) and that is it, no other info. :confused: :o

Last edited:
Associate
Mine says Delivery Estimate 15th November 2012

Mine said that at first, but it looks like gradually everyone's is being changed to 'shipping estimate'.

I don't see why they can't start shipping today, looks more and more like Google were cutting it really close with this launch, both for software and hardware.

Associate
I just called them and they said they will be getting more in the next 24-48hrs, someone else give them a call and see if they say the same thing.

0800 328 6081

Associate
Thanks. Shipping estimate: November 15, 2012

When you click on the info bit. What does it say?

Shipping estimate: November 15, 2012
Info

Mines currently:
13 Nov
Google Commerce Ltd received your order.

13 Nov
You placed an order with Google Commerce Ltd on 13 Nov. Google Wallet sent a copy of this receipt to [email protected]

Soldato
The prices listed on the play store - do they include VAT?

Yep it does, which is why I don't understand why some other UK users are still waiting on Handtec orders since this is their pricing...

332mhz8.gif

Handtec:
8Gb = £239 + 20% VAT= £286.80 inc vat
16Gb = £279 + 20% VAT= £334.80 inc vat

Google:
8Gb = £239 inc vat
16Gb = £279 inc vat

In effect, Handtec are charging 20% more, or VAT twice if you want to look at it that way.

Soldato
To be fair my order in Google wallet states "Delivery (Two Day)".

So if it's not here on Thurs I'll kick off and email Google, as they've charged me £10 for two day delivery, and it'll cost them less than half that with the amount of orders they're doing!

I posted a Nexus 7 today, and that only cost £7ish Special Delivery next day!

Associate
To be fair my order in Google wallet states "Delivery (Two Day)".

So if it's not here on Thurs I'll kick off and email Google, as they've charged me £10 for two day delivery, and it'll cost them less than half that with the amount of orders they're doing!

I posted a Nexus 7 today, and that only cost £7ish Special Delivery next day!

They use TNT for delivery, who only do next day, so their 2 day option is simply them giving themselves an extra day to get it out of the door. When ordering everything said 3-5 days delivery anyway.

Back
Top Bottom