My Official £50-£46,000 betting challenge

Associate
I was doing it but moved on to matched betting instead.

That's worth doing but you'll need at least £50 to get you started and with only that amount it will be slow going.

Any tips / resources you use on matched betting?

Got to £1080.

Lost £500 ended 3-3. :(

Still got £580 in my account. Too scared to touch it again. Should've took it out at a grand and started again. Too greedy. :(

Ouch!

I'd withdraw the £500 and start with £80, if I do manage to get to quite a high figure I know the problem will be when to pull money out or keep it in!

Caporegime
Any tips / resources you use on matched betting?

Ouch!

I'd withdraw the £500 and start with £80, if I do manage to get to quite a high figure I know the problem will be when to pull money out or keep it in!

Pretty gutting, but I'm still up so can't grumble. Think that's what I'm going to do if I'm honest.

Soldato
Unlucky Begbie - take the £500 and be happy!

Did the same myself again.

Got £10 to £76 quid on 1.02 or less.

Last saturday bet on a game that was 1-0 after 40 mins for under 6.5 goals @ 1.02.

Goal fest in 2nd half to finish 4-3!! (3 goals in last 5 mins as well)

Caporegime
Begbie, are you doing this as explained in the OP? or through matched betting?

Want to give something like this a go.

Same as OP, but even more anal and 9/10 only 1.01 and (not all the time) researching both teams.

I may give matched betting a go though. Think I've ran my course with this.

Associate
The Money Saving Expert forums have a subforum dedicated to it with plenty info in the stickies and links to various spreadsheets that will help calculate your stakes for you.

It's easy money as long as you're careful. :)

Cheers mate, i'll have a look at it.

Have you made much from it?

I'm not able to find many games over 6.5 goals. Im using Paddypower at the mo, is this why most of you use Betfair?

I use betfair and providing it is in the first 10 minutes or first 30 minutes if there has been a goal i'm fine getting an under 6.5 market.

Soldato
Cheers mate, i'll have a look at it.

Have you made much from it?

Made £380 in my first two weeks then had to withdraw £300 to MOT the car. The £80 left in is cashback that I haven't been paid yet but is due to be paid this month.

I was using £300 of my own money as a float during that time and had just got to the stage where my betting was self-sufficient by the time I had to withdraw the cash.

You'll initially make money quickly on the signup offers - about £200 a week is more than doable and I reckon you could make £100 a week without breaking a sweat just on the reload offers after that.

The are a lot of guys on the MSE forum that claim to make a lot more than that but I'd take what people claim to be doing with a pinch of salt.

Skybet are a good bookie to use for your first go as they give you a £10 free bet just for registering. You don't even need to deposit any cash.

Caporegime
The Money Saving Expert forums have a subforum dedicated to it with plenty info in the stickies and links to various spreadsheets that will help calculate your stakes for you.

It's easy money as long as you're careful. :)

You need to be able to sign up to new betting websites to do this right? I have exhausted almost all of the main ones :(

Soldato
You need to be able to sign up to new betting websites to do this right? I have exhausted almost all of the main ones :(

Initially yes but there are that many promotions run by the bookies you can continue to make money after you've completed the sign up offers e.g. Ladbrokes and Paddy Power often do promotions where you get your money back in the form of a free bet if a particular scenario occurs.

There are ways to lock in a profit from these type of offers as well.

Edit: Also some of the biggest sign up offers come from the Australian bookies if you've not done them yet.

Soldato
Good laugh and a free £5 to start with.

http://www.betdash.com

Let me know anyone who wants and I will send you an invite. Idea is that you get 100,000 for your £5 and the idea is to make that to 1,000,000 in 10days to win cash with your free £5.

Have a look - good fun. Costs nothing!

Associate

Mainly. Once you start moving into the slightly obscure foreign ones the risks go up and I'd advise plenty of research first. I managed about £1500 from matched betting a couple of years ago but once the easy intro offers are gone it's much harder work for less reward.

A friend made plenty using the bet365 £200 offer using details of people he knew. He provided the capital and actually did the betting, they just provided their details and got a share of the profit. It was too dodgy for me though I did show a few friends how to do it and walked them through the bet365 offer as if you've got an £1000 float then it's very easy to pull at least £180 from it if you use the horses. The best made slightly over £200 due to a few good arbs.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Holy thread revival. A fellow OcUK was asking about lumping on sure fire bets so I suggested this as a bit of fun. Did anyone get to £46k :p?

Got thwarted by a Newcastle v Fulham game that was 1-0 at HT and ended up 5-2 :o:mad:. Haven't really tried much since then but might start up again soon.

Caporegime
Holy thread revival. A fellow OcUK was asking about lumping on sure fire bets so I suggested this as a bit of fun. Did anyone get to £46k :p?

Got thwarted by a Newcastle v Fulham game that was 1-0 at HT and ended up 5-2 :o:mad:. Haven't really tried much since then but might start up again soon.

I made a grand, lost £500 on a daft bet.

So ended up £580 all in, never done it since. I wanted to cry when it happened. Though I was starting to make £20-30 a day when I stopped.

It is doable, but it's also very very easy to lose everything.

Soldato
I started again a week ago, began with a tenner up to £27.
It takes a lot of bets when your betting at 1.01 or 1.02, I'm doing it more for fun as a freak result will always get you in the end.

Associate
I started again a week ago, began with a tenner up to £27.
It takes a lot of bets when your betting at 1.01 or 1.02, I'm doing it more for fun as a freak result will always get you in the end.
a friend of mine did this in the summer. he started with 10 quid and got up to about 500. then he bet the lot on Nadal's first round match at wimbledon.

Soldato
I'd quite fancy doing this during break at work but won't be anything happening at those times. Don't really have time in the evenings. (unless it's really quick and easy to do?)

Never gambled before other than cards in Vegas but I this sounds like a fun way to do it.

Would like to do it on the NHL - anyone recommend any good sites that cover that? Or do they all?
Mind you, the NHL is probably a minefield for score scenarios as those games can change SO quickly. But I just don't have any interest in football at all so seems kind of boring betting on a sport you don't like.

Back
Top Bottom