New Sky HD EPG

• Thread starter Deleted member 651465
  • Start date

V F

V F

Soldato
No. That's only for interactive/ordering and Multiroom phoning home. Updates come through the dish.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
The card has to be paired with the box so a phone call is required. Same with activation of On Demand for each box. ^^

You don't actually need to call them for card pairing. The "engineer" menu will pair the card for you. I am not sure about the on demand stuff, that has always worked for me regardless of box, so i am not sure that this requires any setup?

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Services > 0, 0, 1 Select. :)

Though i dont know what option you would choose for what Jez is describing without looking.

V F

V F

Soldato
You don't actually need to call them for card pairing. The "engineer" menu will pair the card for you. I am not sure about the on demand stuff, that has always worked for me regardless of box, so i am not sure that this requires any setup?

Well all I can say is when I got the 1TB box fitted and he went through this, later on it gave a message about the card. I had to phone Sky up to pair it. Same goes for On Demand, when it was Anytime back then. The engineer said it'll be enabled in a few days. Yet 4 passed, so I phoned up again and within a few minutes they activated it and then I could access the menus.

V F

V F

Soldato
True. Sky's help desk has always been stellar when I've used it and it's been pretty rare for me to do so.

Associate
I tried the forced update a couple of days ago without success. I wonder if there are different sub-flavours of Samsung HD boxes.

Associate
Had you registered for Anytime+ before? I had and my box automatically picked up all the OnDemand stuff. Of course one assumes your box is all networked up correctly to start with.

Soldato
Old PACE TDS850 here, updated the other day. Since then I get regular momentary picture pixelisation with ascociated sound drop outs for about a second. Happens maybe 4 or 5 times and hour. If you wind back and rewatch the same bit though, it doesn't skip or drop out, or if you just watch with a few seconds of live pause on it doesn't do it either. Wierd. Sky know about this apparently.

Scrolling left and right on the EPG takes much longer to update the listing, I assume because it is constantly having to display the full program description in the top bar. Have had to slow down my scrolling behaviour to allow the channel listings to keep up.

A new box may speed up/solve these problems, however, don't want to change box until they sort out the DD 5.1 over HDMI issue with all current boxes. All in all a bit of a crap update for a Pace.

Back
Top Bottom