Euro Truck Simulator 2 worthy of purchase

Associate
Ah, so you guys also discovered this game. Nice! :) I searched the topic for information about anti-aliasing because I read a post somewhere at the start of the topic about someone not being able to get anti-aliasing working. Well, in case you didn't know, here is how to do it (nVidia):

Apply the settings that are (slightly) black on this screenshot in nVidia Inspector and then (MANDATORY!!!!!!!!!) set MLAA off in the game and set scaling to 100% in the game. (Leaving MLAA on will make things blurry and ANY OTHER scaling setting will DISABLE anti-aliasing!) With these settings I have great graphics and no more annoying flickering and shimmering pixels all over the place. ;) It's a complete new game with FSAA!

1351409967.jpg

P.S. You can experiment with the LOD bias settings. I like -2.000 but some like lower settings like -1.000 or less: this settings sharpens the textures.
Hi, I have not downloaded this prog. yet but will give it a try with my GTX580 as I am having problems with shimmering.
How does it work, Do you save a setup for each game or are the settings applied to everything

Have downloaded it now and can see the list of games to change the settings for, how do you add a game to the profile list as Euro Truck is not on there

Worked it out now, still getting a little shimmering in places where there is fencing, but otherwise makes a great difference
Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
So i've managed to add a light bar and some yellow beacons to my truck, and they work in the customization bit of the game, flashing or illuminating for floodlights & beacons...

but pressing L , now only turns on my side markers?

Any ideas?

Associate
Hi, I have not downloaded this prog. yet but will give it a try with my GTX580 as I am having problems with shimmering.
How does it work, Do you save a setup for each game or are the settings applied to everything

Have downloaded it now and can see the list of games to change the settings for, how do you add a game to the profile list as Euro Truck is not on there

Worked it out now, still getting a little shimmering in places where there is fencing, but otherwise makes a great difference
Thanks

Ah, yeah, sorry about that: I should have mentioned you should make a new profile for ETS2 and how to do that. Glad you've got it working in the meantime. ;) And yes, it really makes a great difference! Before I found out how to get this done I was almost ready to stop playing the game... :rolleyes: It's a bit odd though that the devs couldn't get it done themselves.

Soldato
Cheapest place to buy this? Preferably just a key although i could live with ordering a disk i guess. My 2nd account trial has run out at level 2 :(

Agree with previous comments, this definitely isn't something i could play a lot of without getting bored but to take breaks from other stuff and doing a job or 2 is perfect.

Soldato
Cheapest place to buy this? Preferably just a key although i could live with ordering a disk i guess. My 2nd account trial has run out at level 2 :(

Agree with previous comments, this definitely isn't something i could play a lot of without getting bored but to take breaks from other stuff and doing a job or 2 is perfect.

:'(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom