Ever met anyone famous? Were they like what you expected?

Man of Honour
met a few, nothing to brag about! Roberto Martinez (Wigan Athletic fc manager) came into work with his wife on wednesday! very polite, and very tanned!! wife wasnt up to scratch tbh :p

I booked Roberto Martinez, Lee Trundle and a few others on a holiday to Majorca when I worked in the travel industry about 6 years ago. My experience was exactly the same as yours, extremely polite, really nice bloke all round. He didn't bring any women with him though :p

Soldato
Warren Clarke, rather worse for wear in a bar in Worcester. They were filming an episode of Dalziel and Pascoe at the now demolished old Royal Infirmary in Worcester.

Desmond Haynes. Interviewed him for my high school newspaper during a tour match a Worcester. Seemed like a decent chap, put us at ease and introduced us to a few of his team mates who were relaxing in the teams dressing room.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Most random: met Dennis Bergkamp at a BBQ in Spain. I made eye contact and gave him a knowing nod haha :D

Also walked past Ricky Gervais in London. Stopped to have a chat and autograph and later as he's walking away my mum pipes up "is that the comedian from the office, that isn't funny?" and he burst out laughing.

Associate
Once got to go into the Green Room after seeing a filming of 'They think it is all over', so got to meet Jonathan Ross, Rory McGrath, David Gower, Nick Hancock and Gary Lineker.

Jonathan Ross is exactly the same off screen as on it, in that he is witty and slightly bonkers, but hugely personable. Likewise Rory McGrath.

David Gower is just as charming and smooth, and couldn't have been nicer, and Nick Hancock was really chatty, and just mad about football.

Less said about Lineker the better.

Permabanned
TTIUWP. Forgive me, it was a long time ago (2007, maybe?)

meandblair.jpg

Associate
for me not so many people

except Sam and Mark from Kids tv

My wife and kids met Shaun Ryder on a train and he was brilliant posing for photos with her and the kids etc.

She also met Will Self on a train.

and finally Brazilian Ronaldo (footballer) who tried to give her an autograph but she didnt have a clue who he was and told him to do one. she also met some f1 drivers she didnt know who they were.

Soldato
A few authors at book signings ...

Terry Pratchett ... nice guy and exactly as you would expect.

Raymond Feast ... a bit grumpy and standoffish ... came across as tired and not really wanting to be there (which was probably the case).

Terry Brooks ... really nice chap. Turned up early with the artist who was doing his UK covers and chatted with the people at the front of the queue before the signing started.

Back
Top Bottom