****Images of Items or Services Purchased in November 2012****

Associate
Went round a mates house today to test out the kit as didn't want to spend money on a graphics card and PSU if it proved rubbish. I was happy with the results considering the best you can get with the express card slot on the X220 is 2x PCIE with Optimus compressing information!

3DMark06 results before with internal Intel HD3000 card = 4900 points

I borrowed my mates GTX550 1GB card and the results were as below:

3DMark06 = 16500 (http://www.3dmark.com/3dm06/16976847)
3DMark11 = 2600 (http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/4893226)

Didn't need an external monitor as it all displayed on the laptop's monitor :D Was happily gaming away in full detail on a Lenovo Thinkpad with higher 3DMark scores than the new Alienware M14x!

It's a bit redneck doing it this way, but a lot more fun. Means I have a nice sensible ultraportable laptop for using at work and a gaming beast when I get home and plug it in!

That's fantastic! So all i'd need is a graphics card, PSu and that cable, to get it running on any ultrabook?

ajf

ajf

Soldato
It was bursting to get out of the box. :D

nexus107.jpg

I blame it all on the excited photographer....

I take it this is the new 10 inch one?
What are tour first impressions on performance and smoothness?

I assume from the other comment you got it in advance.

Soldato
the Americans really cannot make nice chocolate,the hershey stuff tastes like vomit with a hint of sugar

True. Which is why chocolate makes up the smallest percentage of the American items I've ordered to date. Some are ok if blended with other things though, like peanut butter twixes. Mmmmm :)

Man of Honour
I assume from the other comment you got it in advance.

Just joking. No, ordered when launched on Tuesday morning and it arrived earlier today.

I take it this is the new 10 inch one?
What are tour first impressions on performance and smoothness?

It's the new one:

Initial Impressions:

The back feels plasticky. It’s a shame the material on the top strip has not been used for the whole back.

Perfect weight and size. It fits well in two hands and you can hold in one. Much nicer than the iPad.

The screen is gorgeous. Lovely colours and resolution. Looks like I won’t be needing the reading glasses quite a lot of the time.

The few videos I’ve played look very good as do photographs.

Scrolling is smooth, fast and without any obvious lag.

The sound is good.

It makes my Galaxy Tab 10.1 look like a Model T Ford and the iPad now has some very serious competition.

It’s a shame we’ve had to wait so long such a device. The future now looks very good for Android tablets.

Marks: 4.5/5

0.5 lost because of that back otherwise it’s a winner.

:)

Associate
I used to play guitar a bit a couple of years ago and have wanted to get back into it for a while so today, I got the new guitar and amplifier that I ordered yesterday.

New Guitar by lukefinch, on Flickr

Together, they cost me £170. The guitar is an alpine white Epiphone Les Paul Junior and the amp is a Line 6 Spider IV 15. The amp also came with an FBV2 2 button foot switch.

So far, I am very impressed with both the guitar and the amp :)

Soldato
I'm pretty sure there is some twit who has wrote my name down and stuck it on his screen and everytime something comes for me, he adds that fragging custom sticker on my parcel.

I'm thinking of using a other family member address to send parcels too, see if that works. If not, the biggest order, the one with the T-Shirt and bits and bobs missed customs, but I didn't use SAL registered shipping for that, used Air Mail instead, it's costs slightly more but comes faster and so far I have never been hit.

Anyway! New order has finally arrived! It arrived over a week ago in the UK and I only found out it arrived after calling the sorting office, it must had been in customs for ages. Customs demanded a hostage fee of £15 before they would release her.

She is Akira E. Ferrari from A R I A the Animation and so on. Was second hand from AmiAmi for only £38 + shipping which is a steal since on eBay she sells for £80 to £180.

There are four more to go before I have the full collection but unless am lucky, am looking at a other £100 to £280 each. :eek:

:)

All you need to do mate is get the sender to tick "returned goods" on the customs/shipping label and you won't get charged.

I buy loads of figures from eBay US and 90% of the sellers will happily do this for me. I very rarely get charged.

Back
Top Bottom