Euro Truck Simulator 2 worthy of purchase

Associate
This is a new patch feature : added command line parameter -nodx9ex which disables extended DX9 interfaces for compatibility with Xfire

How do I access the CLI to add this line ?

Ok I sussed that part but when i enter -nodx9ex I get unknown command.

Ok

Last edited:
Soldato
Add the -nodx9ex to the end of the target box in the Shortcut properties. That's after the closing quote to indicate the long filename.

Patch is an improvement after playing it for an hour or so. Weather is better and the gearbox in my big Scania is far less stupid than it was before, no more skipping from 10-12 then bogging down.

Associate
Got 6 Garages, 4 of which are full:

Aberdeen
Paris
Frankfurt
Bratislava (Slovakia)

The higher level the workers are the more money they bring in :) But from updating to the new patch last night,
it displays a message on the SatNav saying (example) "Driver 123" couldn't find a return load, So he's heading back to the garage :(

Great if his garage is Bratislava and he's just driven to Aberdeen :mad:

YOU'RE FIRED :D

Edit:

Updating to the new patch last night my graphics jump a bit now and again

Worth updating to the newest Nvidia Drivers ?

Last edited:
Soldato
After a week or so of playing this here's my impressions of the AI. A bit useless at first. They appear to do return trips to the garage location rather than aimlessly trek around Europe like I'm doing. The more you unlock then the better the chances of a return trip. Decent rule of thumb appears to be train them to a couple of levels on urgent deliveries and long distance. Hire drivers with these if possible. If there's a chemical works around then ADR is worthwhile as well. Then level up EcoDriving and their fuel usage decreases which gives more profit. If there's a chemical works then ADR helps as well.

I've got three garages:
Manchester (as I'm a sentimental homebody)
Koln
Prague

Picked Koln and Prague for lots of local industry and decent map coverage.

My decent drivers (rated around 2.7-3.3) are making 7-8k a trip now and an empty return is less common. That's with three levels on mileage and ecodriving plus two levels to unlock the urgent deliveries.

Had a couple of n00bs that just sat around so they got fired.

No idea if the AI prefer certain trucks. I've given the Koln lads Valiants so they've got plenty of power at a cheap sticker price for hauling heavy stuff.

Associate
haha well I've been playing this game way too much currently at level 30 with a rating of 8.5 - Most of my drivers are 5.0 rating, new guys 1.2 / 2.4

At first I changed there training plan and put all my guys on Long Distance Haul then High Valve Cargo, which got them to 5.0 rating, but the new guys I've just left them on a balanced training, seems to me manually changing there training works better.

As for trucks, my best worker Eric :D Drives a Renault Premium 460BHP does the job he's put 49K on the clock :p
2 Garage's have Renault Magnum's
1 Garage Iveco Stralis
1 Garage Volvo FH16's
Iveco Stralis are cheap - 560BHP isn't bad either, big fuel tank too,

EU: I've gone for big fuel tanks 4x2 tractor units over
6x2-4 units which I got in the UK :)

Soldato
€100k for the 600hp FH16 is really good value - same price as a bottom of the range 360hp Scania. I was driving a 750hp FH16 for a while until the useless brakes got on my nerves. Currently in a 620hp Scania 4x2 Topline. Enough grunt, 2000+ mile range with cargo and the brakes work. Couple more days an I'll be level 25 so I can have the 700hp+ version. :D

Not sure that the different chassis have any effect in game. I'l stick with 4x2 for the fuel range.

I'll have to check on the driver ratings again, they might be a bit higher now.

Associate
750hp FH16 pulls nice :) Great truck

There should be an option in game to move/change seat position inside the trucks
Can't get used the Scania driving position seems odd compared the FH16 which feels higher up, more king of road :)

Personally love the DAF XF (105) - but with its 510hp it just hasn't got the power compared to the FH16 :(

Klo

Klo

Soldato
Volvo 750hp
Scania 730hp
MAN 680hp
Iveco 560hp
Renault Magnum 520hp
DAF 510hp

Not sure what Mercedes is :(

I have the Valient F16 at 750hp. Paid extra for the bigger engine but thought it was worth it, especially as I have the no limiter mod so I can go faster on motorways.

Soldato
I have the Valient F16 at 750hp. Paid extra for the bigger engine but thought it was worth it, especially as I have the no limiter mod so I can go faster on motorways.

Ditto!

I had the basic renault truck first and urgh with 360hp it sucked badly, I'm still rocking the F16 with 750Hp upgrade, changed the wheels for a quad back axle too, not sure what it does exactly but the truck seems a little quicker, maybe a little more grip too.

For people looking for this game cheap, I picked it up at the rainforest place for 14.99 delivered. don't even think the key seller sites have it for that cheap ;)

Klo

Klo

Soldato
Ditto!

I had the basic renault truck first and urgh with 360hp it sucked badly, I'm still rocking the F16 with 750Hp upgrade, changed the wheels for a quad back axle too, not sure what it does exactly but the truck seems a little quicker, maybe a little more grip too.

For people looking for this game cheap, I picked it up at the rainforest place for 14.99 delivered. don't even think the key seller sites have it for that cheap ;)

Same here on the quad back axle! The major thing I think I noticed it that is allows me to go round corners faster!

Klo

Klo

Soldato
I put the limiter back on, it feels more realistic that way, even though may be frustrating at times (overtaking is a bitch now).

I'm personally fine with the slight lack of realism, I'm playing this game almost as a tycoon game as opposed to a truck driving simulator. I just want to get to the destination and earn the money so I can start investing in new trucks and drivers! :)

I find this game is perfect when playing late at night listening to good music. Quite relaxing.

Back
Top Bottom