Euro Truck Simulator 2 worthy of purchase

Associate
6x2-4 double steering axle, can be raised when lightly loaded, or running without a trailer, to save tyre wear, and increase traction. In game you can't do that sadly :(

6x2-4 double drive twin axle gives better traction.

Might have to try speed mod, the older ETS, UKTS etc didn't have the speed limter, tho it is more realistic with it on :)

Soldato
I haven't really done any research into this game at all, but I'm guessing there is no like obscenely heavy haulage? Unless it unlocks at a higher level, I'm currently at level 12-13 if memory serves.

Associate
Dunno what it is about this game, but I find it very relaxing at the end of the day!

Got to level 24, with one full garage in London - 2 750HP Volvo's, 1 510HP DAF, 1, 680HP MAN, and 1 620HP Scania. I like the interior of the DAF, the dashboard of the MAN, and the mirror's on the Scania. Noticed they have different full capacities too.

Discovered quarries recently, gunning down the quarry roads like Richard Burn's, only to discover I add quite a BIT OF damage by going so fast - lol.

Since patch, car taillights are quite dark at night. And from the notes "a bus added as AI vehicle in traffic" - not seen one in the 3 trips I did last night.

Associate
OP
i sore a bus straight away after the patch also game runs better i think, i am lvl 13 now, anyone running more than 1 full garage on this yet?
Seems to take a very long time to get any good money of ov it, also my drivers only seem to brin back like 2k after every run

Last edited:
Soldato
Does anybody else get random damage from just driving?
If I do a long-haul job, by the end of it, I'll have a couple of percent of damage.

Is it due to driving at 55MPH all the time on motorways and the like?

Is it on your trailer?

Sometimes I pick some up from other cars running into me or catching it round corners

Associate
The DAF interior looks horrible imo, it's all about the Scania :D
The MAN wins for me overall (was looking forward to the Scania too)

Does anybody else get random damage from just driving?
If I do a long-haul job, by the end of it, I'll have a couple of percent of damage. Is it due to driving at 55MPH all the time on motorways and the like?
Nope, just the cab itself.
Do you go gunning into yards and the like - some have a "speed bump" that if you go over to quick will incur minor damage. Don't go rally driving in the quarries - you end up with 10-15% damage! :)

Associate
The MAN wins for me overall (was looking forward to the Scania too)

Do you go gunning into yards and the like - some have a "speed bump" that if you go over to quick will incur minor damage. Don't go rally driving in the quarries - you end up with 10-15% damage! :)

I'm gonna go with the speed bump theory. I do tend to speed into depots lol.
Just had my guy doze off and crash into a garage... 15% damage :(

Associate
I took the limiter off for a couple of trips but put it back on as I prefer the realism, I have 2 garages 1 in London and 1 in Rotterdam with 5 trucks in each, I'm at about level 21 or 22 and drive a Scania 620, I did start off with the Valiant(Volvo) 750 but 1 of my guys (Bob) :) has it now, a couple of my guys have Valiants but for the rest I bought the bog standard Ivecos (I think) as they are the cheapest at 92k a piece.
My next move will be to buy a garage somewhere in Germany but I need to make a couple of hundred grand, must pay off the bank too :D

Soldato
Anybody tried this 1000HP/1500HP engine mod?

ets2_00004.jpg

The torque is such you can essentially pull away in 12 gear.

http://ets2.lt/en/powerful-engines-v1/#more-670

PS. Does anybody know which truck I managed to reach 87MPH in? I tried to replicate it, but the gearbox topped out at 2000 revs and was stuck on 75mph.

Soldato
5 garages and 13 drivers, racking up the cash but would now like to sit back and just take control as a boss and dish out jobs to the best suited drivers, would also have liked a feature to be able to label all of my lorries to my company logo, I hope this game gets some mods and updates from the Devs as it just seems some Germans and Brazilians seem to make them.

Soldato
I love these games I would rather a UK based CAR sim thought that's street based. I know there are a few.

18Wos I loved but the last ETS I was meeeh.

Now, for keyboard 'n' mousers what you need is a way of steering with the mouse? NO GAME lets you for some reason but you can on GTA SA for PC and it's awesome. I plan on a simusetup though.

There are simulators for EVERYTHING - faarming ones, clean a toilet ones.....

what next "club door man simulator 2013"?

Pick your guy black or white, you start out small. Rubbish at first but later in the game you hit the gym and take 'roids and get better. you just stand still in the whole game. 3 guys try and enter "NO go away!" and you can be a pentip about it. and fight. you can spot drug users and get the police or steal+sell or let them in. It's a wonderful game. U A BOUNCER OR A DOORMAN?

Back
Top Bottom