***Black Ops 2***

Permabanned
So no then, not surprised at all.

No idea where you got the NO from? IMO he gives it a generally positive review.

If competitive play is ever going to come back to CoD we're just going to have to suck it up and accept the way they're trying to go. It still has the potential to be an incredibly good esport.

Associate
OP
So, is this worth picking up for an old school CoD fanboi? I hate the silly perks like Last Stand, Martyrdom, Commando and I hate dual wield spray and prayers, and games like MW2 made tubing so easy.

I looked through the perks list for BO2 and was pretty shocked that they all seem to be quite sensible now.

Verdict for me?

Yeah its different now you can have a max of 10 items and wild cards so you could have 2 1 catergoyy perks 2 catergory 2 perks and 2 catergory 3 perks so thats 6 items used so that leaves you with 4 items so say you have a primary weapon thats 1 2 attachments thats 3 add 6 that leave you with one item left so you would onl be able to have say 1 secondry weapon with no attachments or no secondery and 1 grenade thats an example

Soldato
I don't get how CoD can be an esport fullstop. Look at the vid a few posts up - every kill is so imprecise and random. The primary skill is seeing someone first and getting any kind of hit as quick as possible - gone is any need for accuracy as they die so quick from so few body shots and therefore any need to be able to track a target too. What frustrates me is so many people don't know any better as CoD and games that clone it's gameplay have flourished for so long. It plays like an uber dumbed down RTCW and is worse is every regard.

//rant

Fun to run around for a bit on a public, though

Permabanned
Yeah its different now you can have a max of 10 items and wild cards so you could have 2 1 catergoyy perks 2 catergory 2 perks and 2 catergory 3 perks so thats 6 items used so that leaves you with 4 items so say you have a primary weapon thats 1 2 attachments thats 3 add 6 that leave you with one item left so you would onl be able to have say 1 secondry weapon with no attachments or no secondery and 1 grenade thats an example

No that's wrong mate.

It would be 9 items as you need the 3 wild cards selected to use the 2 perks in each.

Caporegime
he obviously makes it look a lot easier as one he is a pro two he is playing pubs in lower skill games

the movement aiming looks pretty good its just whether the game can force people away from playing cod4 promod and cs and like to become competitive

quite a well done video

Soldato
The only way you're going to know if the game is competitive or not is to play it for yourself and see who you come up against, as there are so many players in the world who are at different levels of skill/performance when it comes to a game.

It's an impossible question to ask without playing the game for yourself.

Associate
No that's wrong mate.

It would be 9 items as you need the 3 wild cards selected to use the 2 perks in each.

yeah I made a class like this for fun, no weapons so you have to pick one up as soon as you can - but you can get a good advantage as chances are you will get a weapon or 2 with multiple attachments and still have all 6 perks.

Soldato
Sure, but the gameplay mechanics in CoD lower the skill ceiling considerably. Slow paced, ironsights, few bullets to kill etc. This has been the case since the first CoD all the way through to the recent MW clones. Obviously knowing maps and being able to aim is important and there are some very skilled players out there, my gripe is with the game itself and the almost complete lack of suitable competitive fps in recent years. However we look at it, the CoD games are console fps shoe horned onto the PC.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Sure, but the gameplay mechanics in CoD lower the skill ceiling considerably. Slow paced, ironsights, few bullets to kill etc. This has been the case since the first CoD all the way through to the recent MW clones. Obviously knowing maps and being able to aim is important and there are some very skilled players out there, my gripe is with the game itself and the almost complete lack of suitable competitive fps in recent years. However we look at it, the CoD games are console fps shoe horned onto the PC.

FPS games are as competitive as the community makes them. BO2 has the same prospects as CoD4 had at the start IMO.

Caporegime
by how do they lower skill ? :confused:

u just watched a video by one of the best players to play cod lol

cod4 promod master and has been playing cod since first one (i know i played with him ).

was quake 3 not a skilled game oh thats right a lot of cod is based on that :rolleyes: .

cod4 promod and cs and quake and unreal are the definitive fps games compwise

now you have just watched one of the best of one of one of the current games that is all. he basically just said it has a chance as a good esl game.

also its not cods fault for how fps gave gone its consoles being the sole target audience. this is what dumbs games down.

Associate
Played 6h MP now and im having major getting shot round corner and BS kill cam deaths.

I cant find any MP.cfg file to edit to try and tweak the settings down for my connection.

It feels completely out of sync to me at the moment by a good 100ms.

No where near as good as Blops felt.

match making is throwing loads of 3 bar players into the games which only amplifys my issues further... Im not a happy bunny really SP is still "good" but MP is frustrating.

a lot of our guys experiencing the same issues. me and a mate where on pretty late last night and we had a good run at it, pings were great, games were smooth and hit detection was perfect.

before searching for a game have you tried changing your search preference to 'best'?

Back
Top Bottom