Euro Truck Simulator 2 worthy of purchase

Associate
In the new patch you can now change the Braking Intensity (Options > Gameplay)

Think I might have to get my G25 out, have used it once for ETS2 but I couldn't the right settings for my driving style, the steering weight/force feedback just didn't feel right.

But from testing the Brake Intensity options full brakes, truck stops insanely sharp without a trailer :D

Associate
In the new patch you can now change the Braking Intensity (Options > Gameplay)

Think I might have to get my G25 out, have used it once for ETS2 but I couldn't the right settings for my driving style, the steering weight/force feedback just didn't feel right.

But from testing the Brake Intensity options full brakes, truck stops insanely sharp without a trailer :D

It's not the best game for FFB but try setting up your wheel with the settings in this thread at RaceDepartment, I did for my G25 and it's much better, someone else posted this earlier in the thread so thanks to them.

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/euro-truck-simulator-ets2-logitech-g25-settings.58349/

Associate
My computer really doesn't like this game. I got the game about 20mins ago and so far my pc has locked up with a black screen and buzzing sound in the speakers about 6 times while playing. This is the first time my pc has crashed.

Is this a known issue or am i just unlucky? :<

Soldato
I love these games I would rather a UK based CAR sim thought that's street based. I know there are a few.

18Wos I loved but the last ETS I was meeeh.

Now, for keyboard 'n' mousers what you need is a way of steering with the mouse? NO GAME lets you for some reason but you can on GTA SA for PC and it's awesome. I plan on a simusetup though.

There are simulators for EVERYTHING - faarming ones, clean a toilet ones.....

what next "club door man simulator 2013"?

Pick your guy black or white, you start out small. Rubbish at first but later in the game you hit the gym and take 'roids and get better. you just stand still in the whole game. 3 guys try and enter "NO go away!" and you can be a pentip about it. and fight. you can spot drug users and get the police or steal+sell or let them in. It's a wonderful game. U A BOUNCER OR A DOORMAN?

What car sim games are they, I have been looking and hoping for ages.

Also for your doorman game -> http://www.rockstargames.com/theballadofgaytony/agegate/ref=//

Associate
Yep, it was my gfx card oc. I set the mem to 6000mhz some days ago and never really tested it. It had been playing games like borderlands 2 etc, so i assumed it was ok. Anyways, set it back to 5800 now and its ok.

Associate
Think I've located my issue with missing buses. Vanilla is fine, but when I add either zzfirmenmod or real logo mod, the buses vanish from traffic.

Might have to download individual logo mods...dunno if there are compatible firm mods for 1.2.5

Associate
Thinking of getting a steering wheel for this (which I would also use amongst other driving games) and would be willing to spend around £40-50 on one. I've been looking at the Trust GXT 27 and Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience Racing Wheel. The Trust steering wheel looks okay and has force feedback, but does not have a lot of reviews hanging around for it.

Anyone got any advice?

Associate
I've no experience of the two wheels you mentioned but I bought the thrustmaster f430 for driving games and it works perfectly for this,it has ffb with break/accelerator pedals and has some great reviews.It's £20 or so above your budget.Overclockers store also stock it.

Soldato
Got the Valiant F16 750hp and delimit mod... Hello sweet speeding tickets :D Cruising down the motorway at 80 is pretty nice though although it highlights a) how crap the brakes are and b) how crap the AI lane discipline is :mad: having to undertake on the hard shoulder because some moron in a transit is hogging the fast lane at a measly 70mph!

Last edited:
Permabanned
Thinking of getting a steering wheel for this (which I would also use amongst other driving games) and would be willing to spend around £40-50 on one. I've been looking at the Trust GXT 27 and Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience Racing Wheel. The Trust steering wheel looks okay and has force feedback, but does not have a lot of reviews hanging around for it.

Anyone got any advice?

I have the GT experience and find no faults with it at all m8. Also has win 8 drivers if needed, great budget wheel indeed.

Associate
I'm also interested in a wheel but unsure about spending so much on a G27. I realise there are cheaper alternatives but do they work well with ETS2? Can you turn the wheel all the way like you would?

Last edited:
Soldato
Cannot believe I missed this game being out!!! :D (Thanks Rumpel for bringing it to my attention!)

Ony done a few small hauls so far, but enjoying it a lot, although trying to get the initial truck without a bank loan is proving to be a hard slog.

Might pull out my old wheel but its only a 180 degree wheel.

Definately going to be grabbing some mods for this, I assume that the new patch should be ok with the trial version as it is essentially the same as the full version just with content locked.

What kinda specs are people using when posting the top res pics here? I think I need to get the nVidia FSAA sorted & working correctly :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Good job i had the no limiter mod or i would have failed a job earlier. Was cruising at 80 through rural poland when i came across a car stopped on my side of the road :o Obviously tried to overtake but then couldn't merge back in because of the crappy AI. Anyway hitting it did so much damage i had to quick travel back to services to get fixed then had a race against the clock to finish the job before time ran out. Had like 12 hours left on the job timer, 11 hours to travel and 9 hours till my next rest stop :p Needless to say thanks to the mod i made it with about 20 mins to spare on the rest timer :D

Back
Top Bottom