*** Official OcUK Minecraft Server - Discussion and Rules ***

Associate
Chunkloaders are not glichy.
players only have a 200 chunk loaded area total
so if you have a load of the loaders you will only
get small chunk areas loaded.

the config was repaired yesterday to force the 200 instead of the 2000
it was letting players have. This may be why you see a reduction in your loaders.

Associate
When a mod has some free time, would they mind coming on the modded server and reactivating the link to the landing zone? I would like to see the cobble gen that doesnt cause lag :)

Associate
If it is a 32x32 quarry, place the chunk loader above the quarry in the middle. If you do this, it will reach over the entire quarry and it won't stop.
Yeah this is what I do.
Chunkloaders are not glichy.
players only have a 200 chunk loaded area total. so if you have a load of the loaders you will only get small chunk areas loaded.
So does this mean if I sprint around the map quickly and load lots of chunks they will take precedence over the chunks around my 2 loaders?

This may have been what was happening as I was sprinting to spawn, then sprinting over to my quarry... which was probably more than 200 chunks in total.

Soldato
I always get mine from Mojang, you just have to change the link depending on the version you want:

http://assets.minecraft.net/1_4_2/minecraft.jar

Can you remember the version of Minecraft BEFORE they changed the terrain gen to what it is now? I.e. before the introduction of extreme hills, swamps etc? I would like to have that to relive the old amzing terrain it used to make. What would the link be to download it?

Soldato
When a mod has some free time, would they mind coming on the modded server and reactivating the link to the landing zone? I would like to see the cobble gen that doesnt cause lag :)

If it hasnt been done yet then teleport to my home. I have a portal to spawn in there somewhere

Yeah this is what I do.

So does this mean if I sprint around the map quickly and load lots of chunks they will take precedence over the chunks around my 2 loaders?

This may have been what was happening as I was sprinting to spawn, then sprinting over to my quarry... which was probably more than 200 chunks in total.

i think the 200 limit is how many you can load permanently with chunkloaders and doesnt include what you are loading by existing

Associate
Can you remember the version of Minecraft BEFORE they changed the terrain gen to what it is now? I.e. before the introduction of extreme hills, swamps etc? I would like to have that to relive the old amzing terrain it used to make. What would the link be to download it?

You'll be looking for a 1.7.3 jar, sadly that's not available from the Mojang website (as far as I can find). Distributing the jar isn't really allowed, but a quick Google should produce a working one.

Soldato
You'll be looking for a 1.7.3 jar, sadly that's not available from the Mojang website (as far as I can find). Distributing the jar isn't really allowed, but a quick Google should produce a working one.

theres a mod called something like MCnostalgia where you can play every single version of the game going right back to some of the super early alphas. That might get you what you want

Associate
Some good old fashioned invisible pig riding tonight :)

20121119223133.png

Back
Top Bottom