*** The Official Google Nexus 7 Thread ***

Associate
Has anyone had Wifi range problems with theirs?

I lose wifi signal if I leeave the room my router is in but my wife has a Nexus 7 and hers is ok all through the house.

Also if I put my Nexus next to the router I get 2/4 signal bars where as she gets all 4.

Associate
well just swapped my usb port because it was broken and i must say its very easy.

my son is now one happy boy (and me)

http://www.ifixit.com/Device/Nexus_7

i used the above guide. but for anyone who follows this guide and is only changing the usb port or the head phone Jack you don't need to pull back the heat shield back and unplug the speaker. you can just put the speaker to one side. if you pull the heat shield back it bends the copper and it doesn't go back straight. so you will not be able to rma if you ever need to. i couldn't rma because the battery had died and couldn't charge it up and reflash back to stock.

Could you share where you ordered the replacement USB port from?

Never mind, just saw you purchased a broken N7 from Ebay.

Last edited:
Soldato
Could you share where you ordered the replacement USB port from?

Never mind, just saw you purchased a broken N7 from Ebay.

i looked everywhere for them i couldn't find any so had to buy a broken one.

someone did suggest to me that i should get a old phone or something with a port on and un solder one and put it on the nexus.

Caporegime
Theres a couple of ways of enforcing supported devices. Some apps simply wont work on certain devices or versions, so its not possible to get those installed, however there are other apps that will work, but they just put a block on being able to download them from the Play store to certain devices. If you can find the apk elsewhere you can install them.

Associate
Theres a couple of ways of enforcing supported devices. Some apps simply wont work on certain devices or versions, so its not possible to get those installed, however there are other apps that will work, but they just put a block on being able to download them from the Play store to certain devices. If you can find the apk elsewhere you can install them.

Its in the play store now

Si.

Si.

Soldato
I've got a bit of spare cash so was thinking of picking up a Nexus7 Today (bit of an impulse buy).. problem is I can't find an store selling the 3G version.. just the non 3g.. is there anywhere I can just walk into and buy one rather than having to order online?

Soldato
I am in the same position, and would really love to pick up a 3G version sooner, rather than later.

I seem to recall someone mentioning on here a few days ago that the Google Store should have them in stock again in about 3 weeks time (i.e. before Christmas).

Was that just idle speculation, do we know, or has it actually been confirmed anywhere else?

Also, wasn't the first 'batch' they had sold out literally within minutes of being available, which could presumably happen again, I suppose?

Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Associate
can anyone confirm flash (adobe) working on 4.2 and which browser please?

i read somewhere only firefox beta works but not sure...

just need to know if flash works with 4.2 before i buy...

i think flash doesnt officially work with 4.2 but i hope there is a way around it.

hi yup just tested - apk from xda http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1763805 followed by firefox beta https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.mozilla.firefox_beta&hl=en

works fine!

Back
Top Bottom