Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Caporegime
Bit ****ed off!

Got to the end and in the credits you get an ending depending on what decisions you made. My game locked up solid halfway through! SO I finished the game but have no way of watching that ending again without a rewind.

Might just have to youtube it.

Excellent fun game, last checkpoint naturally was the hardest but if you equip the sniper weapon you get 2nd level from the end (you will know when you get it :) ) then it's fairly easy.

As I said don't even bother on anything less than vet because it's a walk in the park. Only level that took me more than a handfull of re tries was afghan because it's not clear which way to go. Even on this in vet you can stand in the open, move round corners and not insta die. Even easier than MW3.

Associate
Bit ****ed off!

Got to the end and in the credits you get an ending depending on what decisions you made. My game locked up solid halfway through! SO I finished the game but have no way of watching that ending again without a rewind.

Really, same thing happened to me, I though it was my 360 playing up for the first time, I completly locked up on me I had to reset it completly.

I need to ask....

This happened to me after I let your man live, I managed to watch a bit of what happened but then it froze, did you do the same choice or did you kill him??

Caporegime
This happened to me after I let your man live, I managed to watch a bit of what happened but then it froze, did you do the same choice or did you kill him??

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/po...s-guide-how-to-get-the-best-and-worst-ending/

Obviously spoilers in the above link^
That's the different endings, I had the worst ending which locked up on me. I'm going to have another run through anyway to mop up achievements on easy and go for the good karma achievement.

Associate
can't even play today.... it takes an age to find a game, and when it does i am booted after 1min with "lost connection to black ops 2 servers"

this, the spawn issues, over-abundance of head glitchable objects, and the lag compensation are currently ruining an otherwise fantastic game :(

Soldato
Why are people moaning about head glitching so much? I don't remember anyone moaning about it in previous cod games. You've been able to do it in practically every FPS game since Duke Nukem 3D anyway.

If you can't deal with someone crouching behind an object then you're just bad at the game. There are many ways to tackle them... grenades, flashbangs, FMJ ammo, climbing into the window behind them, speed perks + knifing, killstreaks like RCXD. If you really can't cope with them then avoid that area, let them get bored and come out of their hiding place. Simples.

Soldato
Why are people moaning about head glitching so much? I don't remember anyone moaning about it in previous cod games. You've been able to do it in practically every FPS game since Duke Nukem 3D anyway.

If you can't deal with someone crouching behind an object then you're just bad at the game. There are many ways to tackle them... grenades, flashbangs, FMJ ammo, climbing into the window behind them, speed perks + knifing, killstreaks like RCXD. If you really can't cope with them then avoid that area, let them get bored and come out of their hiding place. Simples.

Almost every corner has a headglitchable object to hind behind. I am supposed to avoid the whole map? It's down and out bad game design. If you rely on headglitching to get your games, you're just bad at the game.

Caporegime
This game is now like all FPS and not like the COD games that attracted me to the series.

I think they have made it kid friendly for gung ho running about.

Soldato
But if you aren't constantly sprinting while jumping around corners hip firing SMG's into a drop shot then you're camping! The same applies if you aren't jumping off cliffs doing helicopter impressions while dressed as a bush.

Associate
But if you aren't constantly sprinting while jumping around corners hip firing SMG's into a drop shot then you're camping! The same applies if you aren't jumping off cliffs doing helicopter impressions while dressed as a bush.

So, so true! and why do people fire off a whole mag whilst capturing the first flag?....

Soldato
Almost every corner has a headglitchable object to hind behind. I am supposed to avoid the whole map? It's down and out bad game design. If you rely on headglitching to get your games, you're just bad at the game.

I can't say I'v had a problem with things like the barrels on corners. If you're a decent player those situations are no problem. At the best of times anyway they are a 50/50 situation. The variables are skill, what gun/persk you have equipped, and connection/lag compensation.

If you were complaining about the lag compensation I'd totally understand your point, but head glitching is just part of the game, it's not a cheat or exploit. If you can't deal with someone hiding behind a barrel or a table then you're just bad at the game.

If you're using the biggest machine gun in the game without any of the perks that help you aim faster/flinch less then you're going to lose trying to play run and gun. I don't know if that's what you're trying to do or not, but the people who try that and then complain that they get killed when trying to run and gun are just bad at the game.

When I'm moving around the map, it's not the people behind the corner objects that bother me, it's the people that spawn in behind me :) but again that's just a problem with the spawn system. I usually try to break that cycle by doubling back the way I came every so often, so I can then run into the people that often spawn behind me.

Why people act like using the scenery in the game as cover is cheating though is beyond me.

Caporegime
I'm not sure where i'm going wrong in this game.

People seem to be able to react so much quicker than I am. I'll come round a corner and they can see me, aim, shoot and kill me even before i can pull the trigger on my gun, which is a PDW with laser sight and me hipfiring !

My aim appears to be pretty crap too with my getting hit markers on people and getting the jump on them, but them just plain beating me which is purely my lack of skill i think.

But the two don't tally up. Surely if you die really quickly i shouldn't be getting hit markers and them killing me before i killed them when i shot first ?

Soldato

People seem to be able to react so much quicker than I am. I'll come round a corner and they can see me, aim, shoot and kill me even before i can pull the trigger on my gun, which is a PDW with laser sight and me hipfiring !

My aim appears to be pretty crap too with my getting hit markers on people and getting the jump on them, but them just plain beating me which is purely my lack of skill i think.

But the two don't tally up. Surely if you die really quickly i shouldn't be getting hit markers and them killing me before i killed them when i shot first ?

Sounds like the lag compensator shafting you.

Associate
So, this lag compensation thing, not really up on it, but i do feel for MrLOL as this is what happens to me most of the time.
So i have a fibre line and a ping of 26, i have tried normal and best search pref and still get the above prob. Anything else anyone can suggest? In the end it's just another COD game and kinda what you become to expect, shame though and would be nice to have a fair game for once.

Soldato
You won't ever get a fair game, it is against hActivisions interests. Causual players, the bulk of their income, won't buy into a game they can't win. So everything is averagearised (a technical term).

Associate

Yea, CoD would be so much better without the lag comp, not our fault people live in remote areas with crappy inet or whatever, had this happen plenty of times, best way around it is just to camp which I can't do as I'm more run and gun

CSA

CSA

Associate

Im having the same issues , its like im a second or two behind every one else ive tried a few things with my connection/router but still no joy , i seem to have one good game then 20 bad games

Its got to a point where ive had enough already and ive only had the game a little over a week,got to lvl 53 and i dont have the motivation to carry on i think right now id actually prefer to play against the bots ! atleast theres no lag then :(

Man of Honour
Where the top few pixels of someone's head is visible so they can shoot you, but it is nearly impossible to shoot them.

It's to do with the decision to make your gun fire from the very tip of your head in the CoD series, rather than the gun tip.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom