*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Soldato
I just don't seem to have any options to remove or add apps to the multi task bar. Its a stock rom so I know I can't just add catch up tv etc. But I thought I could still remove apps I don't want in there etc

Hold back until the bar pops up. Click Edit at the bottom of the bar, and drag off screen the app you want to remove?

Soldato
Oh thats what its for, am I right in assuming that the apps already listed are all the ones capable of multitasking? Otherwise they're not listed as u cant drag any app into it

Yes that is right, i did the hack and the apps i added such as catchuptv appeared in the box then i dragged them onto the bar.

Soldato
looks like the N7105 LTE models just got the multitasking update from Samsung officially, I've looked at it but can anyone tell me what the EDIT button does? You can drag applications into the area after you click edit, but not sure what happens?

Do you need to be running a stock recovery to update? I switched to cyanogenmod to install Cerberus as I couldn't install it properly with Odin and now I come to check for updates it tells me my phone has been modified and can't be updated :p
I don't want to go back to stock recovery only to still have that problem! :/

Associate
Do you need to be running a stock recovery to update? I switched to cyanogenmod to install Cerberus as I couldn't install it properly with Odin and now I come to check for updates it tells me my phone has been modified and can't be updated :p
I don't want to go back to stock recovery only to still have that problem! :/

mine's stock, and I haven't installed any custom rom, i can only guess thats why you never got the update.

Associate
That's weird, I've also just read your previous posts and the problems you have been having. What network did you buy your phone on? If I was you I would do a factory reset and flash the leaked 4.1.2 stock rom from here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2003653

My previous problems have gone now, I did a factory reset, the only thing I have not done this time round was add a PIN lock, I had suspected that it was the issue for the alarms not going off but I haven't confirmed it yet.

It was purchased direct from EE in store. Mine is the LTE N7105 by the way.

I don't really want to flash it, I can live without the custom multi window apps I think although it would be nice if you could add apps without flashing.

Last edited:
Associate
Anybody having issues with their wall charger? When mine's charging my phone the sound is unbearable, such a high pitched whining noise.

I bought a spare plug and a couple of extra cables. The spare plug is the 1A charger, the one used with the s3. It charges slower, might take about 35% longer to charge, but it makes no noticeable noise and is nice and peaceful.

Does mine 2A charger supplied with my note 2 just have a problem, do I need to call Samsung?

Soldato
Hi guys, I just keep discovering lovely little surprises with this little device :D

The ability to stream from my phone to my Xbox 360!? Brilliant :D

Now I've found out this little feature, I'd like to expand the memory of the phone. Whats the maximum size I can put in? 32GB Micro SDHC?

I may just pick up a few 16GB cards.

temporary solution while I get a proper desktop machine up and running

Soldato
Anybody having issues with their wall charger? When mine's charging my phone the sound is unbearable, such a high pitched whining noise.

I bought a spare plug and a couple of extra cables. The spare plug is the 1A charger, the one used with the s3. It charges slower, might take about 35% longer to charge, but it makes no noticeable noise and is nice and peaceful.

Does mine 2A charger supplied with my note 2 just have a problem, do I need to call Samsung?

Using a Blackberry 5V, 2A charger here and no noise.

Associate
I was wondering, since I've rooted mine and use the standard touchwiz with nova prime loader........

When android updates come out, and android 4.2, how do I update? Do I need to delete everything, or will flashing a new version work, and I won't have to set up my phone again?

Also how do I update to the newest version of the software for the note 2? I just about rooted my phone since I'm new to rooting, so I don't know much in that aspect just yet.

Soldato
Just a question for Note II users.

Why did you choose the Note II over S3 or Nexus 4? Seems like the S3 is a carbon copy but with a larger community, and the Nexus 4 is Google's flagship baby.

I'm stuck between the three

Back
Top Bottom