Which Tablet to go for?

Soldato
I am quite fancying getting a tablet for myself so have been doing a bit of searching around to see what the best one is
We all know that the Apple IPAD 4 seems to be the tablet of choice for most people, but the prices they are charging are riciculous.

So I have come accross the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, which is £360 on amazon for the 10.1" 16gig 3g version. Which is similar in price to the apple 16gig but with the samsung I can use an SD card to up the storage of the device, which is a no go on the Apple.

So is the Apple Ipad really the best tablet on the market, or is the Samsung just as good?

Also, If i was to buy the 3g version of either tablet, could I just buy a pay as you go sim card for data and just put it in and go? then buy another when I run out of data?

Associate
As to your sim card question, look at Gift Gaff. No contract just pick what you want to use each month.

Link

I personally use a 16gb Nexus 7 which is superb and cost me £199.

iPads are superb but you are paying a premium for the badge.

The Nexus 10 is newly released, manufactured by Samsung, has barnstorming reviews and will have OS updates faster than a Galaxy Tab.

I recommend a Nexus 10 16gb.

Associate
is the tab2 the galaxy note? if so yeah as fast as a ipad 4th gen. multitasking, expandable memory, more flexible apps, ie you can install things like dosbox on a galaxy tab without jailbreaking it! overall yeah android over apple any day!

Soldato
OP
As to your sim card question, look at Gift Gaff. No contract just pick what you want to use each month.

Link

I personally use a 16gb Nexus 7 which is superb and cost me £199.

iPads are superb but you are paying a premium for the badge.

The Nexus 10 is newly released, manufactured by Samsung, has barnstorming reviews and will have OS updates faster than a Galaxy Tab.

I recommend a Nexus 10 16gb.

Cheers for the link, will have to have a look at the nexus

Associate
Personally, I'm looking at the nexus 10 v iPad 4. As an iPhone user, not sure if I want to change software.

Drag and drop music/video is so tempting.

Associate
Personally, I'm looking at the nexus 10 v iPad 4. As an iPhone user, not sure if I want to change software.

And the rest! Plain to see why the nexus is flying off the shelves.

Soldato

Only reason I use an iPad is cause I have android phones so the change is good, I would recommend getting the N10, the screen on that things is amazing. Its super fast and smooth and this plus the N7 really makes android a big player in the tablet space, we got both off them recently at work and people tend to love it over the iPad.

Soldato
From what someone else was saying in a similar thread playing video is still a problem on the iPad?

I must say that effortlessly streaming 1080p from my pc to the tablet with no transcoding feels like the future on my N10.

Soldato
From what someone else was saying in a similar thread playing video is still a problem on the iPad?

I must say that effortlessly streaming 1080p from my pc to the tablet with no transcoding feels like the future on my N10.

Its a pain, and when you get something decent, its just a tiny rectangle in the middle off your screen, for video the iPad is a totally failure. Your other option is to zoom in and miss half the content.

Soldato
No love for the Note 10.1? I know the 3g version is lolbucks but can't you just teather to your phone if you have to use it out and about?

The tab2 is less than half the horsepower.

Back
Top Bottom