***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

Soldato
not sure what has happened but suddenly battery got better...
msm_hsic_host is not eating loads of battery and phone goes to deep sleep..

maybe it needed day off as I did ;)

Man of Honour
not exactly

it did not helped much yesterday when I switched all off...
huge difference today ...
phone unplugged from charger at around 9am. still have 48% with at least 2h screen time( had to switch phone off few times but in last 7h, screen was on for 1h20min)

Poor signal at work by any chance?

Soldato
Just installed KonstantinKeller's CM10.1 release. All the features that have been included are working perfectly, and it's definitely snappier than stock. The launcher still needs to be tweaked to fit the Nexus 4's display properly, but aside from this, it's fine.

Soldato
Just installed KonstantinKeller's CM10.1 release. All the features that have been included are working perfectly, and it's definitely snappier than stock. The launcher still needs to be tweaked to fit the Nexus 4's display properly, but aside from this, it's fine.

dont get why anyone would move away from stock, surely you would be better buying a s3

Soldato
dont get why anyone would move away from stock, surely you would be better buying a s3

Samsung had not released the full source files for the S3 for developers to build a completely working AOSP or CM.

CM or AOSP is better than stock, it's like using Nova/Apex launcher vs stock launcher. More features but with almost stock look and feel. Also there is talk of tweaking the gamma setting, so its not as washed out.

This is one of the major reason for the popularity of a Nexus device because of its large developer community.

Soldato
Samsung had not released the full source files for the S3 for developers to build a completely working AOSP or CM.

CM or AOSP is better than stock, it's like using Nova/Apex launcher vs stock launcher. More features but with almost stock look and feel. Also there is talk of tweaking the gamma setting, so its not as washed out.

This is one of the major reason for the popularity of a Nexus device because of its large developer community.

fair enough, i use the nexus range to get away from all the crap bloatware of sense and wankwizz

Soldato
As smokedog said really. None of the extra bits that Google install (some of it is bloatware, in a way), better performance and battery life, and a few tweaks here and there. I very much dislike TW, and the S3's situation with regards to AOSP ROMs is pretty poor.

Soldato

Sorry but I disagree (and AOSP is stock).

Whilst CM does add extra features, it also adds instability and this even true for devices that have AOSP support (which are easier for CM to support as binaries are usually widely available).

For example; pre Android 4.2 the default AOSP Clock did not have timer or stop watch ability but CyanogenMod added those functions to the application but rarely did they work correctly.

I mainly used the CyanogenMod timer addition to time food that was in the oven, only for the timer to suddenly stop counting down and the notification for said timer would be stuck (unable to swipe away) until the phone was rebooted.

In fact, there's load of things CyanogenMod would change/add in 4.2 that I like/need, such as adding AVCRP 1.3 and actually making the new 4.2 quick settings become toggles, rather than menu shortcuts. However, I'm willing to live without those things for the sake of stability.

Back
Top Bottom