BBC Vs Sky - Who was best?

Associate
Now that we have seen what both sides have to offer, presenters, interviews, features, which team are you. BBC or Sky?

BBC for me, even with Sky, i only watched a few of the live Sky races, the rest were BBC.

Soldato
Sky was largely very boring. Obviously had the most in terms of technology and features etc, and also crucially had Ted Kravitz. Anthony Davidson was a good pundit, and Martin Brundle I think shades Coulthard as co-commentator and with his grid walk. I don't like either commentator but David Croft > Ben Edwards.

BBC was only good for Jake, Eddie and DC as always, and Lee McKenzie is a good interviewer. Gary Anderson... good technical insight of course but he's not really that great a voice or that good on screen.

Soldato
Sky bores me post race... BBC way ahead for me on entertainment. JH,DC and even EJ make it well worth while.

Sad to see Jake leaving :(

This. Damon Hill and Johnny Herbert are dull. But I'm glad I found and saved a permanent live stream of the Sky F1 broadcasts for my laptop for the qualis and races that weren't live on BBC. ;)

Soldato
BBC for me. Jake DC and EJ have much more fun.

Sky is kinda boring, I cancelled my sub mid way through the season. Though I do like Bundle and Natalie Pinkham ;)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Sky have better presenters and on screen stuff but still a little wooden. BBC are fine but the EJ/DC show gets a bit boring. I've only watched BBC for the HD feed.

Soldato
BBC by a country mile. Ben Edwards is a brilliant commentator, far better than James Allen MkII aka. Crofty.

It's just annoying that the Sky coverage is mandatory for a F1 fanatic otherwise you'd miss half the season. I'm "happy" with the Sky coverage but that doesn't mean it isn't woeful compared to the BBC live coverage.

Last edited:
Soldato
to be honest i watched the sky feed from the start and while i missed the old crew for a while i soon grew to like the team. The only person who could have added an impact would have been JH.

Top marks to sky. Just a shame the ipad feed is a massively behind the live feed

BBC do a good job of it and I find the presenters more interesting. I think it is a shame we are losing Jake.

Sky do a good job too, but the presenters are boring and they rattle on for bloody ages before the race starts. Also I detest adverts.

Back
Top Bottom